Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I had...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

...waited until 28 instead of 18 to have babies...I would so totally be a cloth diapering, exclusive breast feeding, baby wearing, making my own baby food SAHM! There's probably a few other things I'd do also. None of those things were mainstream in the late 90's in my area. Would you do anything different?

-Take me as I am or watch me as I go -

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Not a thing. I did everything the way I wanted to.

slightlyperfect

DannieLou
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

At the time,I did what I thought was best. Wish I had been more educated in more options.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I had so much laundry to begin with, that cloth diapers were always out of the question.

My milk did not come in with my first child and after 4 days she was screaming, we went with formula. Followed suit with the other two.

Making babyfood is ok, but what's the difference? The ingredients are right on the jar. You still can't really control the hormones in the meat or the pesticides on the produce when you buy them yourself.

I can't think of anything I'd do different.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM

You did all any mom can, really.  Now, wait it out and help ensure your kids know of their options down the road.  Parenting goes through "fads" all the time, as does most other things in our society.  I like some of the new trends that put baby first, but some are a bit off the wall, too.  lol.

So far, I wouldn't change a thing about what I have done.

Quoting DannieLou:

At the time,I did what I thought was best. Wish I had been more educated in more options.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

monshine2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM

No...I had 1 @ 20 & 1 @ 31 and I did everything the same. They are both healthy, happy kids and that's what counts :)

Schleetle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Well I still think formula is more mainstream than BFing, and disposable diapers too. I didn't know anyone else IRL who used cloth... Anyway I'm not sure what I'd change. I wish my sons, and I didn't get sick, but I don't think I could've prevented that. My daughter is only two, and I am happy with all the decisions I made caring for her so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)