Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a bad person??? **POST EDITED**

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so my bf is not the father of my child, I used to party and I don't know who the father actually is
But I know he's not and the possible father is my friend he's in jail and recently told me he's been in love with me since I was 17 and he wants to be with me and raise the baby when he gets out but I've been with my bf for almost a year, I love them both but theyre from different times in my life, and the friend that's in jail said he will wait for me if and hope that one day he will have a chance to be with me and marry me I talk to him all the time and go to his court dates my guy knows all about it but does it make me a bad person cuz I lOve them both and is it wrong for me to let my friend have that hope that deep down inside I know will never happen!!

POST EDIT**

i need to add that my friend knows i wont leave my bf unless he hits me or if he starts doing drugs again cuz he hit me when i was pregnant but he was on drugs and my friend knows i wont leave my bf unless either of these happen again but he still tells me "i'll wait" its crazy and yesturday he kept saying "you know i love you and my son right?" it made me feel bad but he knows its not gonna happen unless my bf goes back to messing up!!! but he still  tells me he'll wait a lifetime to be with me!!! it makes me feel bad and he knows i love him but as a friend but when he first told me he loved me i told him i love him but as a friend and he started to cry it made me feel bad but i let it be known hes a 26 year old man in jail so for him to start crying i was like omfg you know? its not like i lead him on and i tell them both EVERYTHING!!! i think secrets are stupid i had a effed up life when i was little but i'll say if it happend or not i dont lie about anything!!! But i dont know what to do i feel bad cuz he's like a nerd with a crush on the head cheerleader you know wat i mean and i feel bad, cuz he knows its not gonna happen!!!

rock n roll

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It's wrong to lead him on. I think you need to make a decision. A man in jail is not going to be much support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2bfines
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Agree. He won't be much support. Besides u don't know if he is the dad. If u have been with ur bf for almost a year then there must be sum future there. Maybe marriage. I think u need to inform ur best male friend that u can't be with him. U r n a hard situation but it's bes for u and ur child. Good luck with whatever ur decision is.
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk about bad but maybe wrong. Tell the truth all around and see whose around when the dust settles. Then make a decision based on what's best for your child and yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

if there is no hope, then no its not right to lead him on! you can care about him, even love him (i love my ex, but am not in love with him). you can be supportive of him and be his friend. find out if he is the father. if so always keep the childs best interests first and coparent accordingly.

to lead someone on, especially if he turns out to be the father, can only lead to heartbreak and tensions down the road. honesty is always the best policy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)