Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I confess! Today I...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

Went to the grocery store in my pajama pants. They weren't like yoga pants or something "deniable," they are straight up pj's with Betty Boop all over them. They are fuzzy fleece. I woke up later than I meant to, and needed a serious grocery run before a) the churches let out and b) the crowds hit from the pre-storm rush. We are supposed to be getting our first real "winter storm" (it's Oklahoma, so that means some sleet and a couple inches of snow, lol) and people get crazy trying to stock up before storms hit. I didn't want to be one of those people, I meant to go earlier this week but just didn't get a chance. Sigh. So, between the cold and being in a rush, I went ahead and wore the pj's. I never do this. I was a bit embarrassed. I couldn't help but think what the Cafemoms would have to say, lol. I wondered if anyone was going to see me out and post about trashy people out in their pj's. I got my groceries and got home and I'm happy!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunfireprincess
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Whatever floats your boat:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie428
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. But you really couldn't spare the 20 seconds it would take to throw on a pair of jeans? I don't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Choke gasp. Wheeze... Pjs in the grocery store?? Where's your class ? Are you sure you should be a mother?? You could cause them to be bullied!! Lolol joking.... I just figured you'd like a cafemom type response hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

That's ok, I went to the store dressed like a wood cutter lol. We bought a new home and had to take out some trees before we can move in. I had my head up in a bun, a ski mask (worn as a hat, not with the face part pulled down) and coveralls.

I'm in Arkansas and we are getting the storm right after you (also our first) and we had to do the milk, bread, cereal run too lol

FoxFire363
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Well, seeing as I have no jeans that fit (I had exactly one pair that fit before the baby and three months pp they don't quite fit again) then no, I couldn't. I usually wear skirts or those incredibly comfy but unflattering gaucho type things. Neither of which would have kept me warm enough. Maybe with leggings, but I didn't want to spend time trying to put together an outfit. 

Quoting Allie428:

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. But you really couldn't spare the 20 seconds it would take to throw on a pair of jeans? I don't get it.

FoxFire363
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

LOL, thanks! That's what I felt like people would think. Nobody looked at me weird or anything though. At least I left the kids home, DS is three months so can't be ashamed, but DD is 10 and hitting the peak age for "OMG, Mom you are sooooo embarrassing!"

Quoting Anonymous:

Choke gasp. Wheeze... Pjs in the grocery store?? Where's your class ? Are you sure you should be a mother?? You could cause them to be bullied!! Lolol joking.... I just figured you'd like a cafemom type response hehe

diamondsetter
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Did you at least wear a pair of real shoes instead of your slippers? :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I feel a little better now :) I saw that it will be hitting you next. So far, we've not gotten anything. I think it is supposed to really hit tonight. The temp seriously dropped starting Friday night though. Yesterday the windchill was 4. 

Quoting wrensong:

That's ok, I went to the store dressed like a wood cutter lol. We bought a new home and had to take out some trees before we can move in. I had my head up in a bun, a ski mask (worn as a hat, not with the face part pulled down) and coveralls.

I'm in Arkansas and we are getting the storm right after you (also our first) and we had to do the milk, bread, cereal run too lol

wakymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I've taken the kids to school dressed like that when they've missed the bus. Sometimes it happens- we can't look like fashion models every single time we dash out to the store : )

FoxFire363
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Yup, I did. I wore my boots. Sadly, I own no slippers :( I also was sure to wear a bra! I can't get away with going braless like I could when I was 19. 

Quoting diamondsetter:

Did you at least wear a pair of real shoes instead of your slippers? :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)