Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have in-laws you can't stand? POLL & SHARE

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: What In-laws do you have?

Options:

The One-Uppers

The Know it Alls

The Down Talkers

The Helpless & Needy

Other or a Combination of the above

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

I have a mix

Helpless & Needy from a sibling of my Hubs

One Uppers from his cousins

Down Talkers from them all

Know it alls, his grandparents.

I can't name one of his family members I actually like, lol luckily none have cafe mom so I can actually speak more openly and not have drama.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
YES. What I don't like is they are secretive about everything, even useless stuff. Obviously it has rubbed off on hubs...he is a decent man as in he won't cheat, provides for us so I can be a sahm etc. but gawd, they just have too much secrecy even about stupid stuff. Another thing is there is one beyatch sis in law and many brothers. They all go to her for info and share there probs with her and she tells everybody. I hope she ends up unable to communicate ome day soon!!
nevaNabismommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM

i dont even tlk to my in laws because they butt there nose in where it dont belong ever time they get a chance, exp when it comes to the kids and i dont like there 2cents its always  the worst advise ever and they think its there way or no way!

Ellijaymom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Hate mil the most

ROBIN-C
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM

EX mil thank you very much!

ex is an alcoholic (never abusive etc, but it caused me all kinds of stress, not to mention financial problems).  for 10 years she was in denial about his drinking. no matter how many DWI's he got, even a felony DWI, court ordered rehab in and out patient, car breathalizer, ankle alcohol monitor - you name it! i begged her for help and she was content to leave me to deal with alone while having to work fulltime and raise our two kids!

finally i called it quits a year ago and ex moved in with his mom and she finally had to deal with it! she finally forced him to go to therapy after a few months of dealing with it herself and he is on 7 medications!

i still talk to my ex daily, we get along very well 99% of the time and he is a good personand awesome dad - when not drinking of course. i havent talked to his mom in over a year.

i am glad she has had to deal with his drinking first hand and i am glad that it has caused her stress and worry - been there, done that on my own for years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)