Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel.....guilty

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am post op from a hysterectomy 12 weeks today. Im still no where near ok im on 100% bedrest due to major complications! I mean major! Heres the deal my dh won a valentines getaway from work (yay) its all expenses paid hotel and meals (we could never afford the meal much less the hotel)! Its super fancy! My 11 yr old dd is making me feel REALLY GUILTY because she wants to go on vacation too...#1 its only for certain days valentines week mon-fri #2 my marriage has suffered and no one relizes how hhard no sex for 16 weeks really is #3 me and my dh seriously need some us time! Its been very hard from the hormones and $$ problems and life in general w NO HELP from family!

Would you feel guilty?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
shelleyragsdale
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I seem to guilt myself anytime I am doing for myself.. Try to let go of those feelingsand go and have a super time, you deserve it...

mlsc85
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

um, no I would not feel guilty...but not for the reasons you mentioned.

Plenty of people go without sex for that long, plenty of people deal with money problems and no help from family. 

cherrywaves21
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Not at all. You need to have a talk with her as well. Explain to her this isn't a family style vacation. She is old enough to have that explained to her. Then she needs to get over it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Try not to and do something for yourself. Dd will get over it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Thanks i guess i needed to hear if i was just....crazy over the whole thing or not

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Not at all. You need to have a talk with her as well. Explain to her this isn't a family style vacation. She is old enough to have that explained to her. Then she needs to get over it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM
*this was about my dd wanting to go w us on the trip** and how hard a major surgery and cancer is w out family help and depending on my 11 yr old dd to help me literally do ....everything in the home including sitting in the bathroom w me because im stupid sick after treatments.

Quoting mlsc85:

um, no I would not feel guilty...but not for the reasons you mentioned.

Plenty of people go without sex for that long, plenty of people deal with money problems and no help from family. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Youre not crazy. But I bet it would help her tons if you explain the vacation. I hope you stop feeling guilty! Your marriage needs it! I am sorry for everything your going through! Have you thought about getting a hotel ( for one night) that's had indoor pool and taking dd on a thank you mini vacation?

Quoting Bluetick:

Thanks i guess i needed to hear if i was just....crazy over the whole thing or not

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I have but im taking treatments 2 times a week so its hard to get away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)