Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

call me a bad parent if you must..rant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

so yesterday we had a large amount of snow. my kids winter formal had been cancelled a few days earlier and my daughter asked if her and her boyfriend could hang out here and just watch movies and such. so my 2 dd had friends over and watched movies i ordered pizza and they watched movies on netflix. well the roads were still bad out and my dd boyfriend just got his drivers license and the roads were still not looking good, even i wouldent go out and drive. so for his safety i had him spend the night on the couch. my ex heard the news that he spent the night and was telling me what a bad parent i was...first of all i went to bed at 11pm then mu boyfriend who works 3rd shift was home and up till 5am...nothing could of happened are would of happened. I just cant believe what some of my friends are saying...they didnt even leave the house for plans they had last night and i am suppose to send this kid out to drive in something he has never really drove in? i guess i am only suppose to care for the female friends not the male friends...give me a break

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laineylarue
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM
4 moms liked this
I think you did the right thing. You kept a child safe & that's all that matters :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you made the best choice possible in a dangerous weather situation. 

MOMMY2ACR
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's a bad thing at all since they were supervised. I would do the same thing in your situatio . And if SO or I weren't going to be up all night I would just put dd in my room and the boy on the couch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM

You are not in the wrong. This is obviously a one time, extreme weather condition. His mother, I'm sure, is grateful to you not risking his life or someone else's and offering your couch, just like she would've done for your daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Your not a bad parent for this, you were being a mother and even though he isnt ur kid u still have the mother instinct. Only thing i wouldve done diff is not went to bed at all lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Quoting laineylarue:

I think you did the right thing. You kept a child safe & that's all that matters :)

thats what i thought also...i know if it was my kid i wouldent of thought twice..better safe then sorry

LovelyMama82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I totally agree with your choice. You kept a child safe along with others on the roads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I had to get up for work at 5:30 am or i would of ..lol...i already stayed up past my bedtime

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

What it okay with his parents to stay at your place?

lynnd4
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I would have done the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)