Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off of "I called my son a little f***er" post..... Michelle Duggar related

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM
  • 101 Replies
9 moms liked this
Ok, I just read that post.....

I was amazed at the amount of people who said (in various ways) that OP shouldn't ask older siblings (17 and 14) to watch the baby (6 months) for her to get some sleep before her 3rd shift.
Many people were saying (along the lines of) that OP shouldnt have a kid while working 3rd shift. She shouldn't ask her older kids to watch the baby and if she does, she should pay them. Even if it's just 4 hours or so a week. That she was forcing her older 2 to raise her baby. Some pretty nasty comments.....

My question is: how is this any different than the Duggar Family? She keeps having kids, her older kids help tremendously with raising their siblings. Michelle relies on them to help raise the younger ones. I heard somewhere that one of the younger kids called one of the older girls "mommy" in public.

Why is OK for Michelle to rely so heavily on her older children when she can barely take of her self while pregnant and not this mom for 2 hours or so 2 times a week to actually provide for her family?

I honestly DON'T see a difference.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
9 moms liked this
There isn't really a difference. I don't know what post you are talking about but damn every mother needs a break or they will lose their sanity. Sheeesh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaseballMom34
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this
It's how I was raised why should I charge or pay family to watch my kids every now and then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
6 moms liked this
Michelle Duggar shouldn't rely on her older children for free childcare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't think it's too much for her to ask her kids to help. I did not read the post but I will now.

I did it for 4 hours a DAY every day, every week. And there were always at least 3 of my siblings if not more at home. I did it FREE of charge. Not by choice but because I either helped or mom couldn't work & she had to work so we could eat.

It didn't "scar me for life". Actually, I think it was the BEST form of birth control EVER. I didn't have kids until I was 27. I KNEW what it took to be a parent. And there were few surprises when it came to parenthood (so far!)

But. I don't agree with the Duggar woman. I think she's nuts. And she should raise her own kids not have the older ones raising the little ones. They are raising them not babysitting. Totally different situation there. (plus this world is over populated enough to be adding 20+ kids per person is insane).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deathbysexiness
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM
5 moms liked this
In our home, helping the family is the number one priority. We all help each other gladly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt the same, I couldnt believe the attacks she got!

.lulu.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM
4 moms liked this
I see no issue with it. Family should help family. Kids/teens can contribute to making the family work and maybe the whole "free ride" attitude everyone seems to be jumping on board with is responsible for our "me,me,me" generation. Why would anyone be upset a teen would have to watch their sibling? Is it not important they learn that working together and helping out is a good thing? My 5 yr old has a few chores and when she asked why I said because you are a member of this family and you can contribute by helping out. By working together she learns responsibility and teamwork.
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM
4 moms liked this
These nasty comments probably come from people who have nobody willing to help them.

A few hours of help here and there shouldn't be considered raising kids.

If ex husbands, who have the kids a few hours each week went around saying they were raising the kids the same bitches would be all over them saying a few hours a week doesn't raise kids!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I would bet that many women that disagreed with that post also disagree with how the duggar family operates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiminsean
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Yeah I was bashed for asking my teens to help out...oh well. What can I do. I am far from Michelle Duggar like a 10th of the number of kids. Though I am sure she never loses her temper...

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

There isn't really a difference. I don't know what post you are talking about but damn every mother needs a break or they will lose their sanity. Sheeesh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)