Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seriously effing hate

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
our Emergency Vet Clinic here.
You are an emergency animals HOSPITAL..it shouldnt take five minutes for you to press the button to open up your secured doors..it should not take you twenty minutes to examine my dog, and if I forget my ID at home and have someone run home to get it, while my dog is choking..it wouldnt hurt you to do something othrt than watch me givr him the heimlic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VARose018
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM

WOW really? We have a great emergency vet around here. Our dog got shot in the eye during a robbery and they treated her as though she was a person who had been hurt. Rushed her back as soon as we brought her in, operated right then, and took care of the paperwork once she had been stabilized.

How your dog was treated was bull.

Jennifer_57
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Then they refused him treatment because i didnt have 400$ on me..seriously ridiculous

Quoting VARose018:

WOW really? We have a great emergency vet around here. Our dog got shot in the eye during a robbery and they treated her as though she was a person who had been hurt. Rushed her back as soon as we brought her in, operated right then, and took care of the paperwork once she had been stabilized.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Awwww I am so sorry to hear this

VARose018
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM

:( Did she make it? How'd everything end up?

Quoting Jennifer_57:

Then they refused him treatment because i didnt have 400$ on me..seriously ridiculous

Quoting VARose018:

Jennifer_57
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Oh yah, he's fine now. What happened was I was feeding them, and he has to eat in the kitchen seperate from our other dog who has food aggression (hes been corrected but we still wont risk the chance because Orb is eight lbs and Moon the boy who had food aggression is 60 lbs). Earlier today Moon got a wild hair up his butt and ran into the far back of the yard when I took him from his run after I took em out to the bathroom, and when i ran back I got burrs all over me about the size of a dime, and I threw em in the trash. Then tonight, Orb got a wild hair up his butt and jumped right into the trashcan and ate food with burrs stuck on it. He got the burrs stuck in his throat and I had to heimlic him four times immediately and was able to clear his airway enou gh and he coughed out three of the burrs. So still choking we took him to ER since he was stable at that point and all they did was shove a thermometer up his ass after twenty minutes, charge me 80$ for that, and then tell me since I didnt have 400$ on me then and there, they wouldnt do anything..while watching him start choking again and me giving him the heimlic. So he now he may still have the prickley things in his throat and is going to his vet to be sedated and have them removed in the morning if thats the case. They said not to give him water, and not to induce vomiting when hes trying to vomit, however I gave him water based on his body language and he threw up the food he ate with the burrs still stuck on it, and isnt choking anymore wouldnt you know it. Being a huge animal advocate and knowing how the vet system works (unless you get a morally strong vet), this just pisses me off all the more. The vets go in it for the animals and end up staying in it for the money and turn money hungry, not even giving a crap about whats actually going on to tHe animals. I didnt even have my damn shoes on, wtf makes them think i have 400$ cash on me, who in the hell stops to get money going to an ER of anykind, Im glad no ones dog came in hit by a car or something..they were like that with everyone there

Quoting VARose018:

:( Did she make it? How'd everything end up?

Quoting Jennifer_57:

Quoting VARose018:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Couldn't comprehend last sentence?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_57
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM
*other *give. Way to be a smartass, my touchscreen glitches

Quoting Anonymous:

Couldn't comprehend last sentence?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)