Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

your daughter's ears pierced??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

Did you get your daughter's ears pierced? If so, what age? 

I got my daughter's ear pierced when she was 7 months old... I figured, well she is most likely gonna want them done when she is older, and for older children, it's more "traumatizing" to go through that than it is for babies... Considering she only ever cried for about 1 minute after getting shots everytime, I didn't see the big deal! And she was fine, and since I did it so young, she never played with them, or pulled them out! If I ever have another girl, I will do it to her too! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Yes, when she was five.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMamma83
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm waiting until they are old enough to choose. So I believe i've got at least 9yrs or so left till they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinkerbellbay
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM
I am thinking for her 7th bday in April this year
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
dreamer_8291
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM
We did DD's when she was 3 months. She cried for 2 seconds!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
My two older girls(with my ex) were 2 & 5. I wont get my DD(16 mo) done until she asks. Dh is against it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM

3 out of my 4 girls have pierced ears. All done as 4 month old babies. One wears glasses and got those at 4 months (they wrapped behind her ears) so we thought ear rings may be too uncomfortable. She can get hers done when she's older if she chooses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Yup, we had our dd's ears pierced when she was about 6 months old. I wouldn't change a thing. She slept right through it and didn't fuss with them or anything. I bought the lock back earrings (i chose solid yellow gold because I can only wear real solid gold without a reaction, and was afraid she might have the same thing.) And the pedi pierced and put her earrings in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bboysmommy11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
yes, and she was 4 months old when I got them done for the same reasons. She is 2 now and has never fussed with them.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Same logic as you - I had her ears pieced when she was 6 or 7 months old.  I had her ears numbed out with Emla, so mine never even flinched.  She had the same earings for years too.  Only now that she's older she is changing her earrings. 

she_walk_softly
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I am letting her choose,I don't wear ear rings. I figure she can do it to rebel as a teen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)