Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When I first found out Im having a girl....

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
  • 43 Replies

So, I found out Jan. 18th that Im having a girl.

My whole life Ive wanted a BOY. So, when the dr. said "Oh! Look! Youre having a girl." I was kinda bummed. My exact words were "Are you sure?" So she turned the monitor around and goes "Yep....see? Right there....that is DEF. NOT a penis." and then I said "Damn....well, ok, Im havin a girl"

Anyone else have this kind of reaction to learning the sex of their baby? Or am I just awful?

This is my confession.

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I was absolutely terrified of having a baby girl. I am not a girly girl myself and I have no clue what I would do wtih a girl who turned out girly. shudder. all those ribbons and bows, dresses, shoes. *runs screaming*

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Nope I got what I wanted.  I wanted two boys and then a girl, I got it that way.  I had a fourth baby, he was a surprise.  I didn't care about his sex.  I kind of wanted a girl just so my daughter would have a sister but it didn't matter that much at all.  I will tell you that I am glad I only have one girl, lol.

BekaBug
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM

youre not awful. i havent had those feelings. ive called each of my pregnancy so im not surprised when the doc confirms the sex. lol.

MG1985
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Lol Im not very girly either but I AM too girly for a boy when I really started thinking about it. Im the kind of girl that needs someone else to come in and kill a bug, I LOVE doin make-up and hair and I freak out when my twin 7 year old nephews come in with frogs, bugs, or dirty hands wanting a hug. Im glad, NOW that Im having a girl but when I first heard I was so bummed....I think it took me about a week to get to where I was excited for a girl.

Now I am SO excited for my daughter and I cannot wait till she gets here. She'll probably make me even MORE girly than I am now.

Quoting couponluv72:

I was absolutely terrified of having a baby girl. I am not a girly girl myself and I have no clue what I would do wtih a girl who turned out girly. shudder. all those ribbons and bows, dresses, shoes. *runs screaming*

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

No, I was always happy about it. I have two boys. :)

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Nope. I was thrilled that I wasn't having a girl. I would have been just as happy to have a girl, but just a tad more nervous.
MlkandCookies
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM

lol @ "def NOT a penis"

I think it's really natural to have expectations and feel a little disappointed, it doesn't mean you will love her any less once she is here.

kiaras_mommy
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I had 1 girl so I was hoping for a boy with my 2nd. When they told me she was a girl I was a bit depressed for about a week and then I got over it. She's wonderful and she wouldn't be her with a penis! lol. 

DomoniqueWS
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM

not here, I knew I was having a boy and I have a little boy right now. I also wanted a boy.  Even if I have another baby although I think I would have a girl, I want 3 oys 1 girl, girl being the youngest

mrssmitley1210
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I thought the same thing when I was told I was having my 3 boy. I really wanted another girl. I have 1 girl and 3 boys. I kinda wanted my daughter to have a little sister to play dolls with and all that because my sons are not interested at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN