Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I breastfeed my 6 year old. ***UPDATE***

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Say that I breastfeed my 6 year old. Reactions?

UPDATE: I wanted to thank you all for participating in my post. I wanted you to know that this post was a Hypothetical Question. I do not breastfeed my 6 year old, and that is why the sentence reads, "Say that I..." I was only wondering what reactions to this would be. I saw a video on YouTube of a mother who was breastfeeding her older children and it made me wonder.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
whimsyjuggalett
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM

nasty

Paperfishies
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Disturbing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM
So does your kid come home from school to "eat" lunch? And why not pump if you want to continue? Is it just for nutritional benefits? I just don't get it. Do you get judged irl for this? Not trying to be bitchy, just trying to understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorililly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM

if you feel that it is good for you child.. but hopefully you put the milk in a cup..

mylovey
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! I think a mother and her child should breastfeed as long as they both feel comfortable. :)

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and due with our second little one around July 28th. 

BabyFruit Ticker

mylovey
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Here is an awesome video that states some of the benefits to mother and child.

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and due with our second little one around July 28th. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Alynn74
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

So fine-you wanna give your 6yr old your breast milk for nutritional benefits-pump it and put it in a glass for them to drink. Breast feeding at the breast-it's all about you and your needs, it has NOTHING to do with what's "best" for your kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I agree. Even if there are nutritional benefits to it, which idk at age 6, why not pump?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? Seriously-What is the point? I'm not a fan of extended feeding beyond 3-but I get it if we're talking a toddler..okay-fine-you want to extend the beneficial properties of breat milk consumption...What works for you works for you.But to age 6...And WHEN do you actually intend to wean-or is this kid gonna be milking ya til the well runs dry?

Once kids reach an age where they are starting to find themseves and express themselves independently-I can't comprehend going into school aged years.

Especially if this child is in the public system-I mean the average kid comes home from school hungry for a snack,some fruit,some juice,some milk,whatever..but not "hey mom-whip out a boob-I need a drink"

Dear mom...they cut the umbilical cord a long time ago...time to get the kid a juice box.

I agree with the person who used the word "disturbing"...This just ain't right.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Time to cut the umbilical cord. Thats a bit extreme in my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I was breastfed until I was 5 and I get constant crap about it from everyone in my family and anyone who knows about it.  It's been really hurtful.  I wouldn't chose to breastfeed my kids that long, just to spare them the ridicule that it inevitably brings.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
*backs out and runs* brain bleach please anyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured