Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im 38 Weeks pregnant & Haven't been to the Dr. Yet.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 182 Replies

Yep, that's right.

Im going today to finally go set an appointment up. I just got my state insurance in.

I havent had insurance :( Ive applied for state insurance but got denied because my job had an insurance coming out of my check that was for accidents as ive dropped kegs on me, gotten stitches from cutting stuff at work. It didn't cover anything but accidents. 

I finacially couldn't pay for the dr visits out of pocket. I work in a resturant.

I cancelled that insurance during the time period it allowed ( oct-nov) It didn't stop coming out of my checks until jan. I quit my job feb 1st. I talked with my employer that i was sorry but I couldn't do it any longer.

I quit my job last week after the state told me I had to have 3200 worth of medical bills to qualify. I have paid for two ultrasounds out of pocket one at 20 weeks to measure his growth and everything. (100) and one at 33 weeks that included 4d.(175)

My best friend is pregnant and she didn't have a job (unemployment) and she just got insurance at 30 weeks through the state. I don't know why it's like this here. 

I really have been depressed and ive cried because what if something was wrong. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Good luck mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:34 PM

thats not too terrible, but i hope you knew all the precautions to take and things you should do while preggo.  Good luck!

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Good luck.  At least you had the ultrasounds to check on the baby.  I am glad he didn't come ealier then 38 weeks.  Did you get the state insurance now or will you have to pay for delivery on your own.  Hugs. 

dreamer_8291
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I didn't find out I was pregnant till I was 34 weeks! Everything was fine with DD. There isn't a "free clinic" or planned parenthood near you that you could go to without insurance? Just curious. I don't know how those two places work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AspieCarrie
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* That's all. You don't need to be bashed or criticized about it. 

Eco_Momma
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

and?  Have you been eating well and taking caer of yourself? You really should be worried. the chances of something being wrong are slim. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:41 PM
4 moms liked this
Well I'm glad you are on the ball now and I hope you have a healthy, happy baby!

Next time around, if you don't have insurance, call some clinics. I know of at least three locally that will see you for free or hold off billing until after you have the baby. Most hospitals do the same. There is rarely a reason for you to go without prenatal care in this day and age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM
7 moms liked this
You don't need a medical provider/care to gestate! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imabitweird
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow youre good...if it wasnt for the doc I would know how many weeks preggo I was! I migh have guessed the month...but I wouldnt know the weeks for sure...Im surprised you werent able to get free prenatal care through medicaid or thru a clinic. Most programs offer free heath care for children and free prenatal care for expectant mothers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured