Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My child is disciplined. we spank, we dont BEAT, we spank. theres a difference between abuse and discipline. People who think they have the room to put in their opinions about it being wrong are the people whos children are running around screaming in wal mart, SLAPPING their own parents, and talking back. my son DOESNT disrespect us or anyone else for that matter. hes well behaved. He does what hes told......... he doesnt need spankings every day. mabey one spanking once a week. all these parents talking about "my child doesnt listen to me, my child slaps me, my child talks back" BLAH BLAH fucking BLAH....... thats because your chid needs a spanking. Thats all i have to say

by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
Diamondg4u2cme
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:37 AM
2 moms liked this

you can spank me TEEHEE

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Ok ( ;
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:48 AM
13 moms liked this
Lol i didnt used to spank my son but he was beginning to become one of those screaming brats in stores so after trying all other discipline i turned to giving him two good spankings on the butt when he misbehaves and he is a much sweeter respectful child and no he does not fear me he knows i mean buisness and doesnt act out anymore just the occasional bratty behavior but nothing like he used to get. Thts the mistake parents r making now days not spanking their kids. U dont have to beat them, just a good swift whoopin will be enough. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:48 AM
4 moms liked this

I never spanked any of my kids and they never ran around Wal-mart, disrepected us or slapped us or any of that scrap. I really don't think you need to justify spanking your child if that is what you choose to do that is your choice. I chose not to and never needed to. Time out worked when I needed it and I get compliments from teachers all the time about how respectful and well mannered my kids are. Just got an email from a math teacher that teaches both my younger ones saying how much she enjoyed teaching them. As yours get older you may decide not to spank or that its just no longer necessary. 

spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Over it? I was never under it..........

Really though......I could give less than two rips if you spank your kid or not. Not in a negative "I don't give a damn" way.. In the "really, it's your kid raise him how you see best" way.. lol

MrsRiz1024
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:54 AM
4 moms liked this
"im over you... Over me? When were you under me?" Lol <3 Friends!

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Over it? I was never under it..........

Really though......I could give less than two rips if you spank your kid or not. Not in a negative "I don't give a damn" way.. In the "really, it's your kid raise him how you see best" way.. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SummerMommy87
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM
5 moms liked this

Everyone has a different method of how to discipline their own children and everyone should just focus on how to deal with their own kids instead of getting upset about what how someone else deals with their's..one parents method may work for them and not another's

lisamarie1265
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 3:18 AM
23 moms liked this
I raised two very educated, respectable responsible young women, and we never spanked them... We didn't have to, we alway kept an open line of communication with our girls from the start, yes from the start.. Talk to them, love them, praise them when they have done good, and express how you feel when they've done wrong but never hit a child.. It only teaches them it's ok to hit. I have never had an incident of a screaming child in a store or one that wandered off or threw a hissy fit... If one was on the verge "well ok if you want to act up, when you get home we will put Woody on mommy and daddy's bed and he will stay there for 15 minutes" you know what ? That hissy fit was stopped before it got started because Woody meant more than some dumb peice of candy or cheap toy. An apology from both sides and a hug and praise, thank you for behaving so well today. I may come under fire for this but this IS how my girls were raised.. I saw kids get smacked, yelled at, fingers pointed in thier faces...for what?? Because your bigger and you can?? This is complicated to put into words but we raised our kids differently than others and always came under some kind of critisim from some of our friends or my husbands 3 bitchy sisters who believed in yelling spanking arm pulling ugh!!! If all the cousins were playing in our basement and getting a little rowdy we would join in the fun... I am much younger than my husband by 13 yrs which made me even younger than my nasty sil's ... But my hubby was a kid at heart and owned a nerf gun he would have the kids all 8 of them screaming and scrambling ,. My sil' s would yell at thier kids to stop to shut up ect ... My two girls would look terrified at them... Me being in my 20's when all the kids were young would step up and stick up for them I would blame uncle Kenny.. Then gather the kids up sit on the floor and say ok guys let's sit down and calm down ... I would come to thier level ... We would talk or read or they would ask for a movie... Those kids respected me and avoided thier mothers.. Those hags hated me because I could control thier kids WITHOUT yelling spanking ect... That's how our girls were raised ... I am rambling and I apologize.. Every family is different and every parent has thier own ways of raising thier kids... This is just how we did it..
cassnadrajones
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 5:07 AM
9 moms liked this

I think for some children non corp punishment is fine and it works for them. However some children are not naive and they understand if they sit in a corner for 15 minutes they can get back up and do it again. I think people should do whats best for them but also wake up and see if their child is misbehaved...stop acting like your child has the right to disturb others because he is cranky or bored.

mrsary
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 5:19 AM

lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)