CafeMom is experiencing issues that should be resolved soon
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My child is disciplined. we spank, we dont BEAT, we spank. theres a difference between abuse and discipline. People who think they have the room to put in their opinions about it being wrong are the people whos children are running around screaming in wal mart, SLAPPING their own parents, and talking back. my son DOESNT disrespect us or anyone else for that matter. hes well behaved. He does what hes told......... he doesnt need spankings every day. mabey one spanking once a week. all these parents talking about "my child doesnt listen to me, my child slaps me, my child talks back" BLAH BLAH fucking BLAH....... thats because your chid needs a spanking. Thats all i have to say

by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Replies (61-70):
sunfireprincess
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I think some kids need it and some don't. And for the ones that sometimes do, if you are sure to be consistent and do what you say you will do, then even those won't need it very often.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

I never spanked any of my kids and they never ran around Wal-mart, disrepected us or slapped us or any of that scrap. I really don't think you need to justify spanking your child if that is what you choose to do that is your choice. I chose not to and never needed to. Time out worked when I needed it and I get compliments from teachers all the time about how respectful and well mannered my kids are. Just got an email from a math teacher that teaches both my younger ones saying how much she enjoyed teaching them. As yours get older you may decide not to spank or that its just no longer necessary. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting DianaPeezy:

My child is disciplined. we spank, we dont BEAT, we spank. theres a difference between abuse and discipline. People who think they have the room to put in their opinions about it being wrong are the people whos children are running around screaming in wal mart, SLAPPING their own parents, and talking back. my son DOESNT disrespect us or anyone else for that matter. hes well behaved. He does what hes told......... he doesnt need spankings every day. mabey one spanking once a week. all these parents talking about "my child doesnt listen to me, my child slaps me, my child talks back" BLAH BLAH fucking BLAH....... thats because your chid needs a spanking. Thats all i have to say

I don't need to get over it, because what anyone else does in their own home is none of my business.  It would be nice if everyone felt that way, but this being CM you will get opinions that were not asked for.

That being said, I don't spank.  Never have, never will.  Why?  Because I don't have to.  My kids are respectful, caring, easy-going kids and they know how to act.  I take offense not to your post, but to your generalizing.  My kids are not spanked, nor are they running loose at the store,screaming,slapping ANYONE and esp not their parents, don't ever ever talk back and I get comliments all the time from teachers and other moms and random strangers about how well-behaved they are.  That's how it goes in MY house, that's how it goes out in public.

I get your frustration, i really do.  But because we don't spank, doesn't mean my kids are bad.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't personally think that all kids that aren't spanked misbehave, I think there is a lot more to it than just spank/not spank. You have to get creative about discipline with kids, LOL. Although when I am talking to people online (this is not aimed at any certain person) I wonder how many of the people that say "I don't spank and my kids behave" actually DO have kids that behave well. I have met more than one parent that thought their own children were little angels, when they were really total monsters.

Quoting jessie82087:

Umm I disagree. I don't have an issue with spanking, but I think it's pretty ignorant to assume that parents who don't spank automatically have horrible children. There are other forms of discipline other than hitting your kids.

M3Love
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I think you're ignorant... get over it.

mhaney03
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I spank but since my middle child has made 2 years, it's MAYBE once a month when he really needs it.  I see kids his age cutting up like a damn fool in public and all I can think is "oh let me have him for a day"

Alynn74
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
4 moms liked this

This isn't acompetition. Every child is different and learns things at a faster/slower rate.

You started out this post defensive-with your "I spank, get over it" attitude. You invited people in to comment when you didn't adjust the settings so no one could leave comments. So why are you all defensive NOW-when people state their own opinion on your statement?

You started this drama. Just like you can come here and post your thoughts/beliefs/parenting methods and we don't have the right to tell you  you can't-You can't tell us what we can or can't respond to/comment on just because it's "YOUR POST". That's just childish and a sign of a spoiled, disrespectful, ill -mannered adult.

I think your little "rant" here is equivalent to a child's little meltdown in Walmart.

I'm thinking that you need a spanking;)

Quoting DianaPeezy:

im sorry you find the way i discipline my own son so offensive that you need to call me a bitch lmfao. dont come on MY POSTING and try and make it sound like i beat my sons ass every single time he didnt use the potty when i wanted him to...... we gave him a couple spankings towards the end when he KNEW BETTER and snuck off in a corner to shit his pants when he knew he shouldnt have, and that is why my baby was potty trained by the time he was 2 and your little one not until he was 4. so yes i will still say WHEN MY SON SHIT HIS PANTS AND KNEW BETTER, I spanked him. and you want to know what? i took the diapers away that day and he never did it again, nor did he need a diaper again. mabey you should have tryed my method and you wouldnt have been cleaning up shit and piss off your kid until he was FOUR YEARS OLD.  you whacky ass BITCH

Quoting ElitestJen:

Hahaha....this bitch spanks her kid for not going potty. 

Sorry - that crosses a line.

abbymomo2
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM
5 moms liked this

Your opinion is ignorant...I'm glad your child "behaves". My children have never been hit, they've never hit, they don't act out in public, probably better behaved than most children and it's because they're respected, they're not demeaned by a hit on their butt. They're disciplined and to say that the children who misbehave are the ones who aren't spanked is sheer ignorance.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DianaPeezy:

I'm sure you know that's not true at all.  My children are not spanked and are well-behaved and respectful to others.  You don't have to use corporal punishment to get those results from your children.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

She might enjoy that...

Quoting Alynn74:

This isn't acompetition. Every child is different and learns things at a faster/slower rate.

You started out this post defensive-with your "I spank, get over it" attitude. You invited people in to comment when you didn't adjust the settings so no one could leave comments. So why are you all defensive NOW-when people state their own opinion on your statement?

You started this drama. Just like you can come here and post your thoughts/beliefs/parenting methods and we don't have the right to tell you  you can't-You can't tell us what we can or can't respond to/comment on just because it's "YOUR POST". That's just childish and a sign of a spoiled, disrespectful, ill -mannered adult.

I think your little "rant" here is equivalent to a child's little meltdown in Walmart.

I'm thinking that you need a spanking;)

Quoting DianaPeezy:

im sorry you find the way i discipline my own son so offensive that you need to call me a bitch lmfao. dont come on MY POSTING and try and make it sound like i beat my sons ass every single time he didnt use the potty when i wanted him to...... we gave him a couple spankings towards the end when he KNEW BETTER and snuck off in a corner to shit his pants when he knew he shouldnt have, and that is why my baby was potty trained by the time he was 2 and your little one not until he was 4. so yes i will still say WHEN MY SON SHIT HIS PANTS AND KNEW BETTER, I spanked him. and you want to know what? i took the diapers away that day and he never did it again, nor did he need a diaper again. mabey you should have tryed my method and you wouldnt have been cleaning up shit and piss off your kid until he was FOUR YEARS OLD.  you whacky ass BITCH

Quoting ElitestJen:

Hahaha....this bitch spanks her kid for not going potty. 

Sorry - that crosses a line.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)