Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm considering leaving DH and not taking my kids.*UPDATE**UPDATE 2**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know society frowns upon mothers who leave their kids behind,but they have a good lifestyle with DH,a great house,private schools,and (I'm sure this will get me more bashings still)a nanny.I can't afford that life for them right now,I'm unemployed and I need to get on my feet first,get a job,my own place,etc

DH isn't abusive,and he used to be a very good dad,I just can't be with him anymore,everyday in this house kills me a little bit more,I don't like him,I'm falling out of love with him.I want a divorce so badly,so urgently...I'm just hoping that one day my kids won't judge me too harshly for this.It won't be permanent.

Update

Thank you to everyone who replied,I know it was sometimes frustrating thinking I "won't take your advice",its hard to explain the situation you live in to a 3rd person,especially over the net,there's obviously a lot I haven't stated,how could I?its too much.

And to the ones who said "bad mom,selfish bitch,you don't deserve kids etc"you don't make me feel bad,because nothing you said was true,SO I just rolled my eyes at your tantrums,and moved along to more constructive posts.

As a mom,I can understand where a lot of you are coming from,but I can't act on my emotions alone,I have to be realistic,its hard realizing that the best place for my kids might not be with me for now,that I might have to let go a little bit to strengthen all our futures.

Lastly,I'm moving 2 hours away,first month,then look for a place close to their school and house,first month I'd drive to be with them several times a week,and after I get a place closer to them,I can continue to pick them up from school everyday and spend afternoons with them,while I don't work,if I find a job,I'll still see them after work,and during holidays.<
UPDATE 2
br />
Thank you again,I've seen such amazing women in this post,that have given me food for thought,some have even made me really hope for my marriage to work,I didn't have the slightest interest in that when I started this post,I enjoyed reading the stories of those women,I wish I could have read many more stories of getting through the tough times in marriage.

There others I would like to thank are the ones with stories from their childhoods,and those with alternate suggestions,I was in such a dark place when I wrote this post,now I see that my options are not as limited as I thought.

I expected to be so bashed,I was surprised at the compassion,even from moms who didn't agree with me.Thank you moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2012 at 3:00 AM
Replies (51-60):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:34 PM
3 moms liked this

If you leave your children behind you may never get them back. Be very very sure you are prepared for that before doing anything

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Some parent you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM
4 moms liked this
I want a divorce from my husband but leaving my child is NOT an option. My child goes where I go, and I know what would happen if my husband was left alone with my child for too long. Not in a million years would I allow that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alilsmartass
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So, I am going to tip toe out of this post.

mommybug77
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

once you leave it can be considered abandonment so don't count on it not being permanent. The courts often frown on it too. I would NEVER leave without my kids.

MamaLub
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
4 moms liked this
YOu should probably give him the chance to fix things by telling him what's wrong first.

Quoting Anonymous:

He used to be hands on,had time for the kids,etc.ever since he started making as much money as he does now,he changed,he does nothing with them,he loves them,and seems a little interested in them still,but he's either sitting down with a beer,or out wherever.

Quoting GAGAhatesitall:

What do you mean by "used to be a good dad"?

Not sure if I could ever leave my babies behind, but if I did, it wouldn't be with someone who "used" to be a good dad. Maybe I misunderstood.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
10 moms liked this

well when a married couple breaks up, one of them has to leave, and the kids have to go with one of them. I don't know why people act like when the kids stay with the mom it's ok but when the kids stay with the dad, the mother is a horrible, dead-beat, piece of shit. 

Tess24
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
This

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

Marriage counceling? Individual counceling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I want a divorce from my husband but leaving my child is NOT an option. My child goes where I go, and I know what would happen if my husband was left alone with my child for too long. Not in a million years would I allow that.

why did you marry someone you can't even trust with his own children?

Eco_Momma
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM
6 moms liked this

If I were you , I would get a job first, save some money and then take the kids and leave. If you leave your kids he could claim abandonment.  {{hugs}}

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN