Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who have kids 4+years apart

Posted by   + Show Post

Allow me to pick your brain please

I don't want to get pregnant until I am almost done with my Master's degree.  I had my son at 18, he is now 2, and I won't get my Master's until 22 turning  23, so he will be 4 turning 5.

Whats the age difference like?

Challenges and Benefits?

I want a minimum 3 kids, max 5.  I also want to foster when I am done with my Master's and am settled in a career.

Feel free to ask anything if it helps you out or you are curious.  Thanks

by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (61-66):
surromama
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I have 3 children, 15, 14 and 5. When my youngest was born the two older kids fell in love. They always wanted to take care of him, especially my daughter (mommy #2). As the years go on, probably the last year or so, I was suprised at how much they can argue. The 5 year old gives it as good as they do. You would think with that many years apart that they wouldn't. The teens like to do teen stuff and sometimes little brother is a bother. He has shared a room with both. At age 5 he moved in with his brother. Even though they fight, they are all really close. I hope they stay close as the teens get older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-CherryBlossom-
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
My DDs are almost 5yrs apart and I love it. I have a little helper, she is independent so I don't have 2 that needs me for everything. I only have one in diapers, I only have one at home most the time because my older DD is in school. It will give us perfect time to save for a car for the younger one after we buy the older DD one and also college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelbyelaine
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
My closet sibling is 6 years from me. I hate it, I am close with none of them. I have four siblings, the farthest is 13 years apart from me. I want to have my kids closer together to avoid that, I am extremely envious of people with close siblings, like my SO who has a twin brother and a sister 3 years from him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetOrangeMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thnx!! These are my babies on Christmas Day he had just woken up and I was busy in the kitchen. Sissy doesn't like for anybody to get him but me or her. She isn't really so much mothering towards him as just a great big sis. He adores her as much as she does him. She is very protective!

Quoting TaughtTot:

Congrats and brave of you for having another after so long. Most people figure they are done. My moms friend did this and The older one helps out with the younger one.  A very parental relationship but they are so close and I am sure its a great help.  

Quoting SweetOrangeMama:

I am way over this age difference. My daughter is 15 years old and my son is 16 months old. I had a miscarriage when she was seven. People have actually been rude when asking why I waited so long or if I'm sorry I had him so much later. My answer is we knew exactly what we were doing!! He was a surprise baby that I wouldn't trade for the world I never thought I would have another and I am grateful! As for the age difference I love it!!! I got to spend all that time with my daughter and now she is in high school everyday I am enjoying all this time with my baby boy!! For me it is perfect!!!!

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM
My kids are 4 1/2 yrs apart and I love it. I think the age difference def made transitioning from 1 to 2 kids much easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnawaldrop
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I have to boys. One just turn 7 on Jan 18 and the other just turned 3 on Feb 18. They are 4 yrz and a month apart. I didn't plan it this way though I love the age difference. I'm wanting another one but I am still waiting longer because it was great not having two in diapers and in fact my oldest helped potty train the youngest because my youngest wanted to be like him. Age difference hasn't caused many problems at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN