Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a job offer to be a bikini barista--what are everyone's honest opinions on this? I'm married with a 5-year-old, my husband is fine with it, and the tips will be a big help in bringing in extra money...

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
ReadWriteLuv
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM
I'm in Washington, we have tons. I go to one in particular because they make the BEST smoothies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erika9009
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I'm jealous you have the body for it after a baby.........but that's me

Go for it.I've seen some very skimpy outfits around here at various places.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I think you can rock the job in a classy way! I don't mind getting my coffee and looking at a pretty girl. Some people are just jealous they don't have the body like you to pull it off lol. I used to and I would do it in a hearbeat bc the pay is great if you keep if classy.

Quoting asalisbury:

Thank you! And I have actually heard of Hot Chick A Latte. There are some trashy stands and girls who will do nasty things for an extra couple bucks, and I feel like they give these types of coffee stands a bad name. My (potential) boss was very clear about the rules and to keep it "classy not trashy" (though that's subjective, I suppose).

Also, everyone please keep in mind that I have a husband and son--I get PLENTY of attention at home lol and this is merely an opportunity to contribute financially while going to school. If you disagree with this job, fine, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I won't try to tell you you're wrong or try to change your mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow girl...go for it!! You will make mad tip money. You also don't look like the type of girl to flash a dude for an extra $10. My gf (my previous comment) worked at hot chick a latte in spanaway, if you know where that one is.

Quoting asalisbury:

Quoting Elyce225:

Post a picture of you in a bikini, let us see you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asalisbury
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

It's a chain called Foxy Lady Latte. Me, I am further north in the Mt. Vernon area

Quoting shajdinyak:

Make sure Its legit and not one that does more than serve coffee. R u in Seattle area?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Ya--I live in Washington State and they have now passed a law that children under the age of 18 are not allowed to pull up to these establishments, as they are considered 'adult entertainment.' Even parents with children under 18 IN the car, CANNOT legally pull up to one of these places, which I think is AWESOME!! They also have to post a sign outside the establishment that states whether they are 'family friendly' or not!!!

My BFF DD worked at one of these places and she had guys ALWAYS wanting to come out and give them BJ's, wanting her to take her swimsuit OFF, they would say the crudest things like, "OH MAN!! I'd LOVE to suck on your tits and your pussy and put my meat up your ass!!!" Ya--real NICE!!! This kind of NASTY talk happened on a DAILY BASIS!!!!!!!! She even had a guy grab her by the arms and pulled her INTO his truck!!! THANKFULLY, the guy in the car behind him, was a Marine!! He jumped out of his car, and grabbed her away from the sicko!! It turned out the sicko who grabbed her, was a MENTAL patient!! He was released b/c he was not 'considered dangerous enough' to keep him locked up!! YA!! WHATEVER!! THANKFULLY, he's back in the mental hospital after that fiasco!!!  They asked her for dates constantly!! One guy was a TRUE stalker! He showed up and parked where he could sit and look at her and jack off at the same time!!! He sat there for HOURS LITERALLY!!! When it was time for her to leave to go home, she had to call the Police to come so she could go HOME!!  The Police came, and stayed with him at the coffee shack until my BFF's DD left. They gave her a 20-minute head-start and then they let the SICKO go. Of course, he was back the next day, and it all started over again!!! She doesn't work there anymore, but she did make great tips!! I guess if you enjoy an atmosphere where you will never "KNOW" how your next customer is going to treat ya, then go for it!! Good luck!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure. As long as you don't mind being stalked by men. Or having them sit to the side and masturebate to you. I had a friend who did this, and said it was the worst job ever because of the freaks you have to deal with. You must live in Washington state. Only place I ever saw that trash.

shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM
We lived In renton awhile. Good friends of outs were born and raised in MT Vernon!

Quoting asalisbury:

It's a chain called Foxy Lady Latte. Me, I am further north in the Mt. Vernon area

Quoting shajdinyak:

Make sure Its legit and not one that does more than serve coffee. R u in Seattle area?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Op-
If you want to be a barisita(sp) that bad. Go work somewhere legit and decent like Big Foot Java.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Fuck it

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM

no idea what that even is.

KeepJeep
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Oh geez. Give it a rest. She'll be wearing a bikini. The same bikini she could wear to the local pool. There could also be yucky perverts lurking there as well. Do you suggest she just stay home and not take her kids to a fun day at the pool?

Quoting Anonymous:

I still fail to see what any self respecting woman would want with such an attention seeking job.

Quoting asalisbury:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure. As long as you don't mind being stalked by men. Or having them sit to the side and masturebate to you. I had a friend who did this, and said it was the worst job ever because of the freaks you have to deal with. You must live in Washington state. Only place I ever saw that trash.

Yes, I do live in Washington state. I also have a CWP and exercise my 2nd amendment rights; I certainly won't be a victim and will not hesitate to defend myself :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN