Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should a man have a right to choose?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM
  • 1141 Replies
11 moms liked this
Now i'm just asking for opinions on a very touchy subject. Please know I am in no way trying to offend anyone. Someone on my Facebook had this on their status, and I thought you ladies would give wonderful opinions.

Do you think men should have a right to choose wether or not a woman gets an abortion? Why/ or why not? Do you think if a woman says she wants to get one, but the father of the baby wants to raise the child he (and solely support the baby) should be able to?

Now this is the part that will make some of you upset. A person on my fb wrote this: if a woman decides to keep her baby, and the father didn't want her too, the dad pays child support. But if the man wanted to keep the baby, and the mom didn't want to she can abort. Shouldn't the dad get a say? Shouldn't he get to decide if he wants to keep his child and support it??

Go crazy ladies, would love to hear your thoughts!!
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM
78 moms liked this

They do. They can choose whether to have sex with her or not.

NoahsCoolMama
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:49 AM
188 moms liked this

Yes. I think the man should have the right to decide as well as the woman. I will probably get bashed for this, but it is 50/50. I know it is the woman's body, but it is the man's child as well.

emilymarie07
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:50 AM
12 moms liked this
I think men should have the choice too. I know its a womens body but still that baby is his too. That's one of the reasons another is I lost a nephew/niece to this.. my brothers g.f was a royal bitch she was pregnant and well she got an abortion just to hurt my brother and because her parents told her too(she was 21)...my brother wanted the kid said he would support it but nope.. that was.. 8 years ago and still pisses me off...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:50 AM
69 moms liked this

Quoting unspecified42:

So can the woman...

aeon_elyse
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM
42 moms liked this

The dad SHOULD get a say, in a perfect world.  It's sad that he doesn't.  BUT there is a reason.  Until he can carry that baby for 9 months himself and go through all the physical and hormonal changes the woman must, unfortunately, his vote just should not overrule the mother's.  It's sad for those dads that want the child when the mother doesn't, but I don't see how it can be changed right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM
47 moms liked this
I am pro-life so of course I would say he shouldn't have the last say if she should have an abortion. I also think if the dad wants to keep the baby he should have the right and be given the chance to have sole custody of his child. I don't buy into the whole thing that a man shouldn't have to pay child support if he wanted the baby terminated and it wasn't. You don't get to play God and choose what is convenient for you. Next time be more cautious before you freak someone. This is MO. It's okay if people don't agree, really!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM
12 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting unspecified42:

So can the woman...

...right. And since it's her body, she also can choose whether or not to terminate a pregnancy. Since it is not the man's body, he can't. What is your point?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:55 AM
68 moms liked this

Quoting unspecified42:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting unspecified42:

So can the woman...

...right. And since it's her body, she also can choose whether or not to terminate a pregnancy. Since it is not the man's body, he can't. What is your point?

Unless it was rape then they equally made the decision to have sex. They both equally created the baby. Just because he is physically incapable of carrying the child he shouldn't be punished by not being allowed to raise a child that he wants.

brocksmom3
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting emilymarie07:

I think men should have the choice too. I know its a womens body but still that baby is his too. That's one of the reasons another is I lost a nephew/niece to this.. my brothers g.f was a royal bitch she was pregnant and well she got an abortion just to hurt my brother and because her parents told her too(she was 21)...my brother wanted the kid said he would support it but nope.. that was.. 8 years ago and still pisses me off...

Wow, that's sad that she did that just to hurt your brother. My dad was married to a woman before my mom, and she got pregnant, and had an abortion, and didn't tell my dad she was even pregnant until after the fact. Its sad,really.
unspecified42
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:57 AM
10 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless it was rape then they equally made the decision to have sex. They both equally created the baby. Just because he is physically incapable of carrying the child he shouldn't be punished by not being allowed to raise a child that he wants. 

Why not? Life's not fair, biology's not fair. He isn't being punished for having a penis, he would be being punished for making a stupid decision to have sex with someone who didn't want a child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN