Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should a man have a right to choose?

Posted by   + Show Post
Now i'm just asking for opinions on a very touchy subject. Please know I am in no way trying to offend anyone. Someone on my Facebook had this on their status, and I thought you ladies would give wonderful opinions.

Do you think men should have a right to choose wether or not a woman gets an abortion? Why/ or why not? Do you think if a woman says she wants to get one, but the father of the baby wants to raise the child he (and solely support the baby) should be able to?

Now this is the part that will make some of you upset. A person on my fb wrote this: if a woman decides to keep her baby, and the father didn't want her too, the dad pays child support. But if the man wanted to keep the baby, and the mom didn't want to she can abort. Shouldn't the dad get a say? Shouldn't he get to decide if he wants to keep his child and support it??

Go crazy ladies, would love to hear your thoughts!!
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Ihereainti
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Well, for me, it is the woman's body.. She's the one dealing with the consequences. So she is responsible for making sure she does not get preggers etc..

If she does, all choices are her own... The man should not have to be responsible. That's my opinion.

But men shouldn't be brainless idiots and dip thier wick in any well either.. And wrap that sh--- if you do

The whole issue is getting to a point that maybe there should be a contract signed when people bump uglies in case of reprocussions... Or the partner handed a signed noterized copy of your wishes as a result smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilymarie07
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow yeah that too would make me mad.. and I agree it truly is sad.

Quoting brocksmom3:

Quoting emilymarie07:

I think men should have the choice too. I know its a womens body but still that baby is his too. That's one of the reasons another is I lost a nephew/niece to this.. my brothers g.f was a royal bitch she was pregnant and well she got an abortion just to hurt my brother and because her parents told her too(she was 21)...my brother wanted the kid said he would support it but nope.. that was.. 8 years ago and still pisses me off...

Wow, that's sad that she did that just to hurt your brother. My dad was married to a woman before my mom, and she got pregnant, and had an abortion, and didn't tell my dad she was even pregnant until after the fact. Its sad,really.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Quoting unspecified42:

They do. They can choose whether to have sex with her or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:01 AM
27 moms liked this
Let me get this straight..... your OK with a man forcing a woman to stay pregnant or forcing her to abort because he should have a say? Pregnancy can be very hard and life threatning. It forever changes a woman's body. Why should anyone get a say over someone else's body?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM
nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM
28 moms liked this

Quoting unspecified42:

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless it was rape then they equally made the decision to have sex. They both equally created the baby. Just because he is physically incapable of carrying the child he shouldn't be punished by not being allowed to raise a child that he wants. 

Why not? Life's not fair, biology's not fair. He isn't being punished for having a penis, he would be being punished for making a stupid decision to have sex with someone who didn't want a child. 

If she didn't want a baby, SHE shouldn't have made the decision to have sex. If a woman is not educated enough to know that having sex is what causes getting pregnant then she shouldn't be having sex in the first place. Believe it or not, women do have the option of saying "No. I'm not ready to be a mom, so we're not going to have sex until I am.". There's the saying "her body, her choice"...why is that not used when it comes to having sex too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM
7 moms liked this
When they carry a baby in their body, then they can have a choice.

Neither of the fathers of my children had a choice, but I'm a selfish bitch like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brocksmom3
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:05 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Let me get this straight..... your OK with a man forcing a woman to stay pregnant or forcing her to abort because he should have a say? Pregnancy can be very hard and life threatning. It forever changes a woman's body. Why should anyone get a say over someone else's body?

Did you read what I wrote? I made it very clear that this WASN'T my opinion, and in no way was I trying to offend everyone. Obviously everyone on this site knows what pregnancy does to our bodies, which is why I asked here as a friend of mine posted it on their fb and I wanted to hear everybody s opinions.
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:05 AM
7 moms liked this

Until he can carry a pregnancy, no. 

gotnothinonme
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM
7 moms liked this

My sister says yes, but her husband pays 800 a month in child support, it seems the women that hold this view are MOST often the ones whose men have to pay for a child. Personally, I feel that the man needs to consider whether he wants a child before he has sex with a woman and needs to go into a sexual relationship knowing that these kinds of conflicts can occur - the womans body however should not be a battleground, not to mention, how many women might be forced to have abortions because mr. wonderful doesn't want to pay child support? While men are often forced to pay support it is the judicial systems belief that monetary commitment is the lesser evil, especially in comparison to the notion of leaving a child without the financial support of both parents when possible and certainly in comparison to forcing unwilling women to abort- while it certainly IS an unfair system, much of life is, and this isn't something men are unaware of- they choose to have sex with women as much as women do, if they happen to get a woman pregnant unfortuntately it means they relinquish rights to make decisions about that pregnancy and possible child until he/she is born, at which time he may petition for equal rights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)