Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In reference to post about stealing another good black man

Posted by   + Show Post

Good evening ladies!

I am an African American woman and I do not have a problem with finding a good man because of the fact that I have always expanded my horizons (my ex-husband is Irish and Italian). Statistically speaking there are a lot of single Black women but there are even more single White women (check this out on youtube.com on anderson cooper's talk show). Just because a White woman is with a Black Man does not mean he is a good Black man and vice versa. I applaud any race of man or woman whom is brave enough to "step outside of the box" despite the challenges he or she will face in doing so.

I do apologize on behalf of my fellow African American sisters whom have offended any White women whom have suffered these sny remarks and nasty, glaring stares. You are not the reason why we or any other race of women are single. It is not a race issue, it is a personal issue in reference to why anyone is single. All praises and thanks to God for being colorblind and for making love colorblind.

Have a good week!

P.S. Trust me when I say if that smart,good looking doctor (or his boss) off of "Criminal Minds" knocks on my door, I am taking a run for it. lol.

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (61-69):
bozobean
by Jennifer on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM

That's o.k., you can have Horatio, I love my Latino cinnamon churro DH! Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! LMAO!smile

Quoting 2love:

Well call me crazy but Horatio cane can get it lol he is sizzling hot! !!

Quoting bozobean:

Thank you so much! I was just contemplating a reply to the post you're refferring to, when the alarm went off on my cell phone to go to the laundry room and put my clothes in the dryer. When I got back up, that post had already been locked so no one could reply. I was bummed, and thinking about making a new post to reply to that one, and I saw yours. I'm a white woman married to a Latino guy. I was going to talk about what a nut job women are, who think they somehow own, or are entitled to, all the men of their color or ethnicity, and any woman of another color who gets involved with one of "their own" (Oh, please!), is stealing the guy from them. I have never had a problem with anyone of any color being with anyone of any other color, including my own. I'd gladly introduce them to one, if they wanted. I so greatly appreciate your post and your view on this issue. You have a wonderful week too, and thanks again!

P.S. Before I fell in love with my husband, I had the hots for watching Delko (Adam Rodriguez) on C.S.I. Miami. He could interrogate me all day. LOL. 

in love 

bozobean
by Jennifer on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Oh, yeah! Love sexy Latino lips!...and deep dark eyes!..and that full thick Latino hair! 

Quoting luvmia:

Oh yeah! Alan Rodriquez! Maybe I should go to Miami and play a dansel in distress so he can come by and "rescue" me. My lips plus his equals luscious?!?

Quoting bozobean:

Thank you so much! I was just contemplating a reply to the post you're refferring to, when the alarm went off on my cell phone to go to the laundry room and put my clothes in the dryer. When I got back up, that post had already been locked so no one could reply. I was bummed, and thinking about making a new post to reply to that one, and I saw yours. I'm a white woman married to a Latino guy. I was going to talk about what a nut job women are, who think they somehow own, or are entitled to, all the men of their color or ethnicity, and any woman of another color who gets involved with one of "their own" (Oh, please!), is stealing the guy from them. I have never had a problem with anyone of any color being with anyone of any other color, including my own. I'd gladly introduce them to one, if they wanted. I so greatly appreciate your post and your view on this issue. You have a wonderful week too, and thanks again!

P.S. Before I fell in love with my husband, I had the hots for watching Delko (Adam Rodriguez) on C.S.I. Miami. He could interrogate me all day. LOL. 

in love 

bozobean
by Jennifer on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM

They're magically delicious! LMAO!  I love Lucky charms too. Seriously though, If you like Irish guys, you should check out the group "Celtic Thunder" on youtube. OMG, those are some knock-you-over gorgeous Irish guys, and with the most handsome voices. If you think Horatio's sexy, these guys might just make you lose your mind.

bouncing

Quoting luvmia:

Well, I guess I am crazy because I like the fact that Horatio is nice looking and has a quiet sexuality about him. He oozes masculinity without trying.  I wouldn't mind running my fingers through his firey red hair... sexy Irish bastard! Suddenly I have a taste for lucky charms.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting bozobean:

in love 

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

lol. You are soooooo crazy! And thanks for the info. on how I can see some more eye candy.

Quoting bozobean:

They're magically delicious! LMAO!  I love Lucky charms too. Seriously though, If you like Irish guys, you should check out the group "Celtic Thunder" on youtube. OMG, those are some knock-you-over gorgeous Irish guys, and with the most handsome voices. If you think Horatio's sexy, these guys might just make you lose your mind.

bouncing

Quoting luvmia:

Well, I guess I am crazy because I like the fact that Horatio is nice looking and has a quiet sexuality about him. He oozes masculinity without trying.  I wouldn't mind running my fingers through his firey red hair... sexy Irish bastard! Suddenly I have a taste for lucky charms.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting bozobean:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I applaud your post and I think I love you.

I actually brought that post up in conversation with my SO yesterday. I told him what some of the AAW were saying. I'm American Indian/White and he's Black.

His point if view was this: he said that mostly the reason he wasn't attracted to most (not all) AAW was because of their attitude. But, he also said that it's because AAW are raised that they should never feel inferior to anyone, never let anyone put them down, never let anyone walk all over them, which had to do with where post generations have come from and what they have gone through. But, instead of coming off as just being strong, confident and independent, it comes off as bitchy and confrontational. He personally couldn't be with a woman who would never let him "get a word in" cause she won't just shut up and listen.

I know from personal experience that some AAW it seems are constantly looking for a fight. That they can see something negative in the simplest things. My first fist fight was with a AA girl in 7th grade, she initiated the fight all because she thought I wanted her boyfriend, who I was not the least bit interested in.

I see this as a failure in parenting. See, men regardless of race will find the most beautiful woman of any race unattractive if they have a unattractive attitude. Whether they are bitches, confrontational, snobby, arrogant, negative, ect. Because no man falls in love based just on looks alone. Personality is a huge huge factor in what we look for in people. I mean, you can think someone is insanely attractive and then they open their mouth and you never find them attracted again.

I for one hate that color is an issue at all. I love my man. I didn't go looking for him. I sure as hell wasn't out looking for a black guy. But, he walked into my life and forever left an impression on my heart. I love him for the person he is. He motivates me, he inspires me, he challenges my mind. I wouldn't care if he was green, he is a perfect match for me.

Thank you OP! I think you are pretty awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM
I was once accused of sleeping with a black gay man by a lady at Giant. He was 'girl, she could get dis!'

One of the best days of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Good post! I agree. I could careless about color. I have dated Black, and hispanic guys. I am white (still wish I had a opertunity to date a asian guy...so many of them are HOOOOTTTTT). I dated those guys for who they are not for their skin color. I didnt go into it thinking HAHAHAHAHA now one less black/mexican woman has a man of their own race MWAHAHAHAHA. 

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

You are so right! I have noticed a lot of attractive Asian men from childhood on up. When you get a chance, check out Mr. Chi on the show "New York Undercover" and also the guy off of the movie "Joy Luck Club".

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Good post! I agree. I could careless about color. I have dated Black, and hispanic guys. I am white (still wish I had a opertunity to date a asian guy...so many of them are HOOOOTTTTT). I dated those guys for who they are not for their skin color. I didnt go into it thinking HAHAHAHAHA now one less black/mexican woman has a man of their own race MWAHAHAHAHA. 

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Thanks for the applause and love! lol. I usually don't get that from African American women.

I agree with your reply 1000%. I don't deal with most of the African American women I have met because I find that they are very nasty, vicious, love drama and to instigate fights, will fight you and are haters. I was never considered "Black enough" to be their friend. They never liked me because of my intellect, my looks (I look foreign. lol), and the finesse and positivity I bring into a room. They were the ones whom tortured me in school and I have never forgot nor can I forget because as a grown woman I am still dealing with these issues. Sad but true. The only difference is I know how to counteract it with niceness such as "I hope you have a blessed day." and/or "I will keep you in my prayers".

Just like you, I have realized that quality men are attracted to women whom are beautiful inside AND out. She must be "down-to-earth" and be able to get along with anyone in any setting. I guess you can say she must be in a way like a chameleon.

In closing, I am happy that you have found a prime choice man and I hope that you have many happy years to come.

Quoting Anonymous:

I applaud your post and I think I love you.

I actually brought that post up in conversation with my SO yesterday. I told him what some of the AAW were saying. I'm American Indian/White and he's Black.

His point if view was this: he said that mostly the reason he wasn't attracted to most (not all) AAW was because of their attitude. But, he also said that it's because AAW are raised that they should never feel inferior to anyone, never let anyone put them down, never let anyone walk all over them, which had to do with where post generations have come from and what they have gone through. But, instead of coming off as just being strong, confident and independent, it comes off as bitchy and confrontational. He personally couldn't be with a woman who would never let him "get a word in" cause she won't just shut up and listen.

I know from personal experience that some AAW it seems are constantly looking for a fight. That they can see something negative in the simplest things. My first fist fight was with a AA girl in 7th grade, she initiated the fight all because she thought I wanted her boyfriend, who I was not the least bit interested in.

I see this as a failure in parenting. See, men regardless of race will find the most beautiful woman of any race unattractive if they have a unattractive attitude. Whether they are bitches, confrontational, snobby, arrogant, negative, ect. Because no man falls in love based just on looks alone. Personality is a huge huge factor in what we look for in people. I mean, you can think someone is insanely attractive and then they open their mouth and you never find them attracted again.

I for one hate that color is an issue at all. I love my man. I didn't go looking for him. I sure as hell wasn't out looking for a black guy. But, he walked into my life and forever left an impression on my heart. I love him for the person he is. He motivates me, he inspires me, he challenges my mind. I wouldn't care if he was green, he is a perfect match for me.

Thank you OP! I think you are pretty awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN