Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I did something awful today.....

I told my little girl to "shut her mouth"  today. :( I dont do it. I cant believe i used that "bad word" and I know i messed up everything Ive impressed in my kids with that one mistake. 

Here's the story....

I walked in as my girls were settling into bed and I heard my middle daughter say "you're nobody. we hate you,  because youre so ugly and skinny and sick. I immediately thought "am I some abusive mom?! Have i said these things and didnt know it?!" but then it hit me. Her dad's divorce....Nasty things have been said with him and his (?) wife. While I've found a sound place to land after our divorce, he seems to flounder. In his defense, he was stupid but not criminal in marrying his girlfriend when she got pregnant. It's been a hard road for them (it often is in that situation), and I wish I didnt know as much as i do. We've talked about him keeping things away from DD, but it seems my advice dissolves when he drives away. The worst is that they have a sweet, sweet little girl I watch sometimes and love very much. I'm sure that seems weird, but we've always been as Whole as we can as a family. Our choices shouldnt mess with our kids' security, or that's the matra we live from...

My real issue isnt with his life, because it's his. It's with  WHAT I SAID. I said "shut your mouth, RIGHT NOW! THATS TERRIBLE! Ella is SWEET! she's kind and beautiful, just like you. no one will EVER say otherwise." I still hear it. It was so weak, and at the same time, decisive. I made it so that she can't disagree.

I made a million mistakes in on sentence....what do i do to fix this? :/

** I should include that my younger daughter, the one that was insulted, has a blood disorder like myself and IS pale, thin, but gorgeous. :)**

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I agree with the other ladies. We all say things we regret sometimes. If you can't let it go just apologize and tell her that what she said just threw you off guard and you said something you don't normally say. Also let her know what she said was mean and not acceptable. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM

honestly i would have said 'Shut the Fuck up before i slap your mouth' 

*out of anger*

then i would have sat down with her and explained why i was so angry

what you did? not bad at ALL. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Lololololol

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly i would have said 'Shut the Fuck up before i slap your mouth' 

*out of anger*

then i would have sat down with her and explained why i was so angry

what you did? not bad at ALL. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reileygrashoff
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM

i would just sit ur girls down an apologize and explain to the that is not nice to say about people

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Quoting luvcloudydays:

When you grow some balls, stick to them! You did the right thing, and you said it JUST right. *applause*

Alex825
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Trust me ALL mom's have lost their composure at one time or another. Except for the perfect ones. Who are lying to themselves. Oh well you told her to shut her mouth, Thats not that bad. I hear parents say shut the EF up all the time. Apologize to her. . You cant take it back, you can only learn from it and move on. Dont be so hard on yourself. 

Mamainthemiddle
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Thanks, ladies. I definitely did the right thing posting, (EVEN if one person thinks im a nutcase for worrying about being a good mom, lol) because I probably would have blown this out of proportion today. Very little sleep and guilt make for an awful combo. :) This whole "mom group thingie" is really pretty awesome....but im  wasting SO much time!

Mommyzlovez
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM

THis is a great opportunity to show the kiddos that even as adults we make mistakes everyday but we should always try out best and that even when we fall we should always get back up and make things right. Words can nto be taken back but words can in some ways be used to teach lessons such as that. They know what kind of mom you are and have seen all that you have gone through and have tired to do for them and they apprciate it, even if htey are unable to say so, what you heard with out knowing their ages could also be the age or things learned also from school and TV who knows just take it one day at a a time and give it your best in the end they will see it all for what it is, kids are VERY smart. We ALL make such mistakes sweetheart you are a good mom dont think other wise.

Samanthamommy
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Apologize if you feel bad and move on, it's not that big of a deal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM

You were not out of line- just go talk much to that girl now.   Give her lots of hugs and open up to her, get her to open upto you.   When we are hurting, we lash out.   She is hurting too, over everything.

We all have to learn to not lash out even with hurtful words!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)