Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$1.79 National average when Obama took office. Just sayin...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
2 moms liked this

$1.79 National average when Obama took office.

Just sayin...

Opinions on this image?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:44 AM
16 moms liked this
I cant blame him for the gas prices. It was not HIS decision to go over there with guns blazing. Maybe he coulda done something to help lower them, or keep them more stable, price-wise. But nah. Not his fault imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL  If you blamed Bush then you have to blame Obama . Just saying. But Obama in 08 promise to go after oil companies with taxes if prices went high.  Oh but today he is giving a speech about gas prices on the rise. Yea we'll see if anything happens. 

1SimplySouthern
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:53 AM
7 moms liked this

I don't believe this statement is true at all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM
14 moms liked this
Gas price average was 3.89 when bush left office. 40cents more expensive.

Quoting Ann7227:

LOL  If you blamed Bush then you have to blame Obama . Just saying. But Obama in 08 promise to go after oil companies with taxes if prices went high.  Oh but today he is giving a speech about gas prices on the rise. Yea we'll see if anything happens. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM
13 moms liked this

Personally, I'm ok with $5/gallon gas. Yes, it sucks (especially for people like me who drive 45 minutes each way to work!). And it hurts the pocketbook. But gasoline is a NON-RENEWABLE RESOURCE and we need to start learning how to live using less gasoline. High prices are forcing us to conserve and look for alternatives.

Oh, and I think whoever posted this picture is a moron. Just sayin'. 

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM
20 moms liked this

Oh yes because the President calls all of the gas stations every morning to tell them what the gas price of the day is eye rolling

.Pagan.
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM

well here are the prices for some of the years bush was in office....and the point is?

It's also worth noting that a president's ability to affect gasoline prices is limited. "Other than lip service, there is little any president or member of Congress can do about the price of gas, since 70 percent of the cost of a gallon is determined by the cost of crude oil," said John B. Townsend II, a spokesman for the mid-Atlantic region of the American Automobile Association.

2006- 3.09  http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2006-07-23-gas-prices_x.htm

2007- 3.46

2008- this shows 3.59  http://abcnews.go.com/Business/gas-prices-rise-average-price-now-360/story?id=15759302

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM
5 moms liked this

Nothing.  The gas prices have been on an increase since the day we invaded Iraq in 2003.  There are ups and downs, but overall it has been rising since that day.

The last time gas prices were outrageous was during the Iran-Iraq war.  

Considering that is the majority of where our fuel comes from...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I took it off of FB and thought it was... Interesting... Lol

Quoting unspecified42:

Personally, I'm ok with $5/gallon gas. Yes, it sucks (especially for people like me who drive 45 minutes each way to work!). And it hurts the pocketbook. But gasoline is a NON-RENEWABLE RESOURCE and we need to start learning how to live using less gasoline. High prices are forcing us to conserve and look for alternatives.

Oh, and I think whoever posted this picture is a moron. Just sayin'. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
highlandmum
by Spunky on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM
3 moms liked this

How is this Obama's fault.  Gas prices have increase all over the world.  Oil is a commodityand futures are traded daily.  The price of gas is based on these futures and also on the value of currency.  Have you looked at the gas prices we are paying in Canada, or even worse in the UK, other countries are even worse.  It is a supply and demand issue - right now demand is up while the supply has been compromised by issues around the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured