Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should people in low income housing have to take pee test?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Alot of people are saying to be on PA people should have to take a pee test.. low income housing is kind of like it.. so in order to live in low income housing.. should they have to take a pee test for drugs to live there?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Replies (41-44):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echoishername
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I wish my state did. My loser sister, and her loser husband, live in housing. All they do is party... and sell weed... and give shitty tattoos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Ok point? I didn't say everyone has to if they work.

Quoting Fallaya:

I'm 38, and I've never had to take a drug test as a condition of employment.

Quoting militarywife09:

Yup. People who work have to, why shouldn't people who get stuff for free have to?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kthomasson
by Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

You may be laughing but look at how many people have either pay as you go cell phones or phones with cheap rate plans......just sayin'- they are everywhere nowadays because they are what's affordable- even if they're "poor" because they're cheaper than home phones.

The time frame can be worked out later, but it should be within 24 hours.  They can make it work so they can do it either before or after work.  They can bring kids with them if necessary.  Transportation is as simple as buses- I've done it many, many times.

Drug tests will be paid for by the government- they're already paying for the food stamps, medicare, medicaid, welfare, etc.  The money we would save by the people who are on it and test positive and get booted off will more than justify the costs.

No one ever said that poor people were drug addicts and criminals.  Just like no one ever said that the U.S. Military members were- however, they are required to pass drug tests periodically in order to keep their jobs and get a paycheck.  Give me one good reason why they shouldn't have to do the same when they're receiving money from the government?????????????????  If they have nothing to hide, then there's nothing to fear.

My stepsister was one of the biggest violators of this- she abused the system for years, collected welfare and food stamps and spent it on crap while her kids went without.  If she had been given a drug test she would have failed and been taken off and we would not have enabled her for so long.......

Quoting Anonymous:

LOLOL! I thought poor people were also bashed for having cell phones.

What would this time frame be? Within how many hours? Days? What if the time frame is too short notice to get time off work or arrange for childcare or transportation?

And who is going to pay for these drug tests?

And, lastly, since when are poor people automatically assumed to be criminals and drug addicts?

I give this idea a big thumbs down.

Quoting kthomasson:

I say yes!  They could set it up like the military does it so it's random and you just get a call so you have until x time to go and get your drug testing done, if you don't show- bam, you're out.  Practically everyone has a cell phone these days so it would work......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured