Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nasty dirty women....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

Our oldest had visitation with her mom for a month, and came back with lice and infested everyone. We've been battleing it for months but it's not working. Her mom is a nasty dirty women and starved her to (she went there wearing a 6x kinda tight, came back and 5t were loose.) but thats a different story.

The point is today we are battleing the lice once again on a 5yr old and 2 toddlers, and this freaking sucks.

I used my straightner on everyones hair (heats supposed to kill them)

DH went to the laundry mat and stuck ALL the washables in their highheat dryers for 30min (again heat, and the clothes are clean anyways)

Before that I bagged all the washables up for 3 days (suffercating them)

Soon as he gets back we're going to eat lunch and then.....

lice treatments on everyone

Then dyeing everyones hair

Then leave in lice treatment

Then I'm taking the kids out somewhere and he's spraying everything down with the lice spray.

THIS FREAKING SUCKS!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM

You need to leave things in bags for two weeks - three days is nothing...  You're only reinfesting by killing the adults and leaving the eggs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM
4 moms liked this

I grew up in a very clean home. My Mom was a very clean, sanitary person and made sure we bathed on a daily basis.  When I was around ages 8-10, I probably got lice 3-4 times.  I think it can happen to anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

All the stuffed animals will be in bags for 2 weeks, but we need to wear clothes and have sheets on the bed during the next 2 weeks.....

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Try tea tree oil. Put several drops in the shampoo, and a few in a spray bottle of water to mist everyone's hair with when brushing. It repels lice.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Lice doesn't always equal dirty.
Make sure bad EVERYTHING no joke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Wash everything that can be put in a wahing machine on hot water and put them in the dryer on high heat. Then spray the crap out the rest of the house. For stuffed animals put them in black garbabge bags after spraying them with lice killer and tie it shut for 2 weeks then wash them to get the dead lice and spray off of them. I did that when my DS came home with lice from school and they haven't been back. It took a whole day to do my house but it worked. Also use the lice shampoo on everyone, even if they don't have lice in their hair.

Jennifer_57
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM
If you have dogs esp and cats dont do this..tea tree oil can be very toxic..some animals do ohk while others it only takes a drop to do harm. Its controversial in paraite treatment with them which is how I know this.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Try tea tree oil. Put several drops in the shampoo, and a few in a spray bottle of water to mist everyone's hair with when brushing. It repels lice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittney28
by Brittney on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Very true. im a hsirstylist and lice actually clings to and prefers clean hair

Quoting Anonymous:

I grew up in a very clean home. My Mom was a very clean, sanitary person and made sure we bathed on a daily basis.  When I was around ages 8-10, I probably got lice 3-4 times.  I think it can happen to anyone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM
a nurse told me to coat hair with olive oil then put a shower cap on for at least an hour (overnight is best), wash and comb hair well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tat2ma0825
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Vaseline!!!! You will have greasy hair for a few days but it works like magic! My Neice kept getting it over and over and over from her school. Months and months of dealing with it and baseline finally handled it. Also, lice prefer clean hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured