Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nasty dirty women....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Our oldest had visitation with her mom for a month, and came back with lice and infested everyone. We've been battleing it for months but it's not working. Her mom is a nasty dirty women and starved her to (she went there wearing a 6x kinda tight, came back and 5t were loose.) but thats a different story.

The point is today we are battleing the lice once again on a 5yr old and 2 toddlers, and this freaking sucks.

I used my straightner on everyones hair (heats supposed to kill them)

DH went to the laundry mat and stuck ALL the washables in their highheat dryers for 30min (again heat, and the clothes are clean anyways)

Before that I bagged all the washables up for 3 days (suffercating them)

Soon as he gets back we're going to eat lunch and then.....

lice treatments on everyone

Then dyeing everyones hair

Then leave in lice treatment

Then I'm taking the kids out somewhere and he's spraying everything down with the lice spray.

THIS FREAKING SUCKS!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (41-49):
opal10161973
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Treat everyone and then bug bomb the house.  Make sure to use an extra strength one that says it kills lice and eggs.  This is while you are out at the laundry mat, cleaning all of your clothes that were worn recently and sheets, dryer for pillows, etc.  The shorter the hair, the better.  I cut my DD's hair to shoulder length and they didn't come back afterward.  I cut mine even shorter.  Buzzed the guys.  I also bagged up every stuffed animal, throw pillow, or whatever I didn't NEED and kept them outside for a month.  Make sure anywhere that the children go routinely KNOWS you had to treat.  Embarrassing, yes.  Prevents the possible re-infestation, definitely.  We had it six times in a few months and it was awful.  THIS is what we did that finally worked.  It wasn't until the haircuts, that they were finally gone.  GL

opal10161973
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM

You can also go to the pediatrician and get a Rx for a stronger lice killer.  My sister did that and she only had to treat to the third time because of it.

Quoting opal10161973:

Treat everyone and then bug bomb the house.  Make sure to use an extra strength one that says it kills lice and eggs.  This is while you are out at the laundry mat, cleaning all of your clothes that were worn recently and sheets, dryer for pillows, etc.  The shorter the hair, the better.  I cut my DD's hair to shoulder length and they didn't come back afterward.  I cut mine even shorter.  Buzzed the guys.  I also bagged up every stuffed animal, throw pillow, or whatever I didn't NEED and kept them outside for a month.  Make sure anywhere that the children go routinely KNOWS you had to treat.  Embarrassing, yes.  Prevents the possible re-infestation, definitely.  We had it six times in a few months and it was awful.  THIS is what we did that finally worked.  It wasn't until the haircuts, that they were finally gone.  GL

karisma22
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Stuff needs to be bagged up at least two weeks. Try putting rosemary oil on everyone hair and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutrs before shampooing w/ tea tree shampoo. Use a knit comb. It might take awhile to comb all the dead nits out, but the rosemary oil and tea tree shampoo will kill the lice. It's much safer than lice shampoos which are poison.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Recently, my DD's school claimed she had lice. She got sent home and I looked through her hair and found nothing. I treated her with vinegar and rubbing alcohol (I do half cup of each and fully saturate her hair and then cover with a bag for at least an hour).

I did this treatment on DD and DS when they were 4 and 5. They have never had it since and they are now 6 and 7.

Crimsonia
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We decided that we will do it your way first. This isn't the first I've heard of using rubbing alcohol. Altthough this is the first that I've heard a convinicing argument for it.

LOL I'm glad I was able to convince you to try it.

What sucks with any way though is that the youngest has scratched her head up so bad itching them that there are tons of little cuts where she scratched until it bled. But I know anything is going to hurt on that.

At least with the alcohol, it will help clean those scratches and heal them and prevent them from getting infected. 

We've tried the oil remedy to.We've treated 5 times already with the RID. So we got a different brand this time, and the hair dyes. We will try the rubbing alcohol, and if, if that don't work, then we'll try the vasiline one someone mentioned. If those don't work, then I'll do everything we bought.

RID never worked for us, and their chemicals are horrible. I'd buy the natural products before ever buying the RID again. But other than the fumes, I've never had any problems with the alcohol. It has worked every single time.

I want to stay away from the chemicals for a couple reasons, one the kids ages, and two, I'm pregnant. Going all out with all this is a last resort. If this dont work,we're shaving everyones heads,and buying wigs. Dead serious with this.

I TOTALLY get that, especially with you being pregnant. To be honest.... I would shave my families heads before I'd use RID. I HATE that stuff.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Lice actually like clean hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:11 AM
You need to sit each child down and pick through their hair and get every single knit and lice out. You can't miss one! Nothing kills knits... So as long as they are in your kids hair, you will have lice problems! And to help with lice, go to a drug store and look for a lice zapping comb!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gamomof3cuties
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Ive heard that you can put lice shampoo in with your regular shampoo and use it everyday. Also I dont think that you can continue to blame the  "nasty dirty woman" any more when its YOUR family who has had lice for MONTHS now. How many people have YOUR kids given it to?

Toots789
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I've heard listerene (sp?) works awesome on killing lice in hair. Google it. And good luck to you!! Oh and as far as the weight issue, did she get taller? It may have been a super growth spurt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)