Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYT or do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

my dd was on her facebook in the living room reading something one of her friends shared on her wall, so i ask whats shes reading and if i could read it with her (shes 15 and we do get along great so i wasnt snooping the thing she was reading looked interesting) we get to the last paragraph and it gets nasty, about some guy kicking in someones face and blood shooting up his pant leg, and a girl being thrown against a tree.i asked her whos set this story to her she said one of my friends from school then i asked where her friend got it from and she doesnt know...i dont know what to think...who would come up with things like that?

this is the last part of the story

she hears crashing through the underbrush as the group chases them down the hill Brailey grabbing onto the twins hands and drake being dragged by Bliss the blue techno twin, out of no where someone jumps out and tackles Brailey into the dirt scraping her face along the rocks on the edge of the trail, she grabs on hard to his hair and throws him down the steep trail, him still holding onto her sweater pulling her with him. He lands hard against the ground making him lose his breath, she flips over him slamming into a tree, passing out and becoming in a sense a rag doll, Drake runs up to the guy who tackled Brailey and kicks him hard in the face breaking his nose and knocking teeth out blood gushed out up Drakes pant leg, the twins pick Brailey up and keep running down the hill, Drake close behind

update***i found out this story is from my dd's friends cousin (whos 19 i believe) and shes been writing things like this since 3rd grade, the friend is 11 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurplWildFlower
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like some kind of violent action story.  These days you can see that on a preview commercial for the latest series - so I wouldnt worry.  She is 15, if she was 12 maybe I would show more concern. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

Sounds like some kind of violent action story.  These days you can see that on a preview commercial for the latest series - so I wouldnt worry.  She is 15, if she was 12 maybe I would show more concern. 

i know but her friend who shared it is like 10 i think, her friend wouldnt tell who it was from and i dont know how to look for that

PurplWildFlower
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

i know but her friend who shared it is like 10 i think, her friend wouldnt tell who it was from and i dont know how to look for that

If it is a true story then investigate futher, being it is a fictional story (from how it reads) I wouldn't really worry.  A 10 year old is more immune to violence and gore a lot more than we were, and let's say this child doesn't have someone monitoring what he/she watches.  This may be normal for  and not even a big deal, have you seen some these rated T video games? I mean dd plays Ninja Turtles from time to time and they are rated E for everyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PurplWildFlower:

If it is a true story then investigate futher, being it is a fictional story (from how it reads) I wouldn't really worry.  A 10 year old is more immune to violence and gore a lot more than we were, and let's say this child doesn't have someone monitoring what he/she watches.  This may be normal for  and not even a big deal, have you seen some these rated T video games? I mean dd plays Ninja Turtles from time to time and they are rated E for everyone. 

true im just not used to kids reading something like that, let alone a kid writing it (im guessing a kid)

angelbaby1977
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Sounds like a kid trying to write a story, not bad if it's from a kid but if that was an adult that wrote that I hope they don't quit their day job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Quoting angelbaby1977:

Sounds like a kid trying to write a story, not bad if it's from a kid but if that was an adult that wrote that I hope they don't quit their day job.

its not the whole thing just the end of the 7th paragraph 

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

i would think this is just another teen trying get attention and/or  to be cool with sensational drama

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting buttersworth:

i would think this is just another teen trying get attention and/or  to be cool with sensational drama

by writing though?

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

why not? yes. of course.

when kids write things they emulate tv, movies or things they've read.

do you really think this kid experienced this?

I don't think so, because of the way it's written: very descriptive, graphic...but with little to no emotion coming from the writer's voice

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting buttersworth:

by writing though?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting buttersworth:

why not? yes. of course.

when kids write things they emulate tv, movies or things they've read.

do you really think this kid experienced this?

I don't think so, because of the way it's written: very descriptive, graphic...but with little to no emotion coming from the writer's voice

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting buttersworth:

by writing though?

well the person who wrote it is 19...so it could be but i just found out that shes been writing this stuff since she was in the 3rd grade so that could be why there no emotion in the part i posted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)