Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I want to be a roller derby girl

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

We have a female roller derby team here and I want to be a part of it, but I feel like I can't because I am fat and all the girls are punkish and fierce. I am sensitive and I took all my peircings out years ago. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Pfffftttt! Play roller derby for long and I doubt you'll be chunky anymore! :) If you want to, do it! You'll have a blast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BambiF
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM

half of the dervy girls i know are tanks.  Go for it!

BambiF
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:17 PM

derby*

lulu_tattoos
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I played for a while and my team wasn't good for me. I'm thinking about trying it out again when I move but on a trial basis.
I have a low bullshit tolerance and a lot of my teammates were nothing but bullshit. I just don't fair well in that environment.
So then I started reffing and that got screwed up cause I dated another ref and he was a whiney little girl when I broke it off and then the head ref was a borderline stalker creep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Get to know the team before you start. Its a huge expenditure to get rolling in it, especially if you decide you don't like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momo77
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM

all the derby girls I know are big ladies and one is a red neck mama lol go for it!!

luvcloudydays
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:27 PM
You can use your chunkiness to your advantage! Probably beat the shit out of them. And you dont have to be pierced lol
lulu_tattoos
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM
You're not allowed to wear any visible piercings during bouts and shouldn't be allowed during practices either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Im a chunky monkey!! And I would so play if there was a league near me!! Hell yeah!!! I would use my big tits, round hips and ass to my advantage!!

Whoa..lots of exclamation points..sorry.

lulu_tattoos
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Being big doesn't give you an advantage in derby.
Being fast, being agile, and being steady on your feet do.
I've taken down women twice my size and been taken down by smaller than me.
OP: LEARN about derby before you jump into it. Does your league do tryouts? Open fresh meat? Boot camp? Do they teach you to skate or are you expected to be steady on quads before you come in?
Can you handle the practice schedule? The travel? The expenses? What are the dues? Do you know how expensive the necessary equipment is?
Roller derby isn't a hobby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)