Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I want to be a roller derby girl

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have a female roller derby team here and I want to be a part of it, but I feel like I can't because I am fat and all the girls are punkish and fierce. I am sensitive and I took all my peircings out years ago. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Replies (11-19):
MomofAlice
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I want to do it too. I am going to try out the beginning of next season when I'm not nursing anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

Get to know the team before you start. Its a huge expenditure to get rolling in it, especially if you decide you don't like it.

I know one of the girls. She is a sweetheart. She is an old roomate of mine from years ago and my husband is her boss.

SapphireMomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I would love to do it, but I can't roller skate. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Derby is a great thing to join if you are selfconscious. Those women are the bees knees at accepting other woman for who they are!
PartyGalAnne
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

DITTO!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a female roller derby team here and I want to be a part of it, but I feel like I can't because I am fat and all the girls are punkish and fierce. I am sensitive and I took all my peircings out years ago. :(

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I do too but I don't have the money for the stuff I would need to get or a way to get to practices and stuff.

KristiDLee23
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Get out there, start practicin!!! If you dont make it this yr just think of next and how in shape you'll be after practicing all yr!! The local ones here have all shapes and sizes. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

i wanna do it to :O soooo bad iv wanted to for about 9 years now but i never got a hang of the roller skates they use

Shabbydoll78
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I know a few of our local roller derby girls. Not all of them are tiny little things. Healthy, and physically fit, yes....but itty bitty? not always. 

Go for it. Start training at a rink and do your thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)