Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My 5 month old daughter has a virus. Her nose is running and she has a bad cough. Her temp got to 101.2 last night so I took her to the er and they said it's a 7 day virus no antibiotic will help. When we got home she didn't spit up but threw up all over me and the bed twice and was holding her breath in her sleep. She had a dr appt this morning and I told the dr he said the same thing. And said to suction out her nose every 2 to 3 hrs. It's cute how everytime she see's the 'bogger sucker' she'll turn her head. But I have to hold her head down to clear her nose and she screams like I'm trying to kill her. It makes me tear up. And she has the worst cough, she'll start coughing and cry and say mama nana dada. It's breaks my heart to pieces. I wish I could take all her pain away :( I'm crying right now. She's laying on my chest sleeping and you can just hear how congested she is. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (21-25):
johnnys_mom6605
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I think so LOL

Quoting Jazmyn823109811:

I got vicks baby rub. Same thing right?

Quoting johnnys_mom6605:

Put Vicks vapor rub on her feet and then put thick socks on over it. My doctor told me it works wonders for his kids even tho there's no medical explanation for it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Awewww! I been a mother for 19 years. 5 kids, been through this many times, yes its heartbreaking! Hope she get better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondsetter
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Have you tried saline nose spray? It won't help the virus, but it should help the runny/stuffed nose! GL momma :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I'm so sorry :( I hope she feels better soon. I know how you feel, my daughter recently had a horrible cold, too. It is heartbreaking.

Renee47
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Poor mama poor baby sometimes steam can help go in the bathroom with your baby and turn on the shower let the bathroom get steamy hang out  about 20 min it might help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)