Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I confess i use salad dressing to dicipline my child

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I confess that when my 5yr old screams, spits, or REPEATLY talks disrespectfull .. I will make him have a teaspoon of italian dressing.  HE HATES IT!! And right now all i had to do was put the dressing on the counter and his screaming, Shitty antics have stopped.

Strange but it works.. And its better then hot sauce and vinager its something purely edibile ds just DOESNT LIKE IT.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

exactly my son loves salads with ranch :) i wonder if the ones that think im abusing my kid spank? just curious bc in my opinion i would much rather explain why i gave him salad dressing as an adult . then hitting him.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Why do you care so much what she's doing with HER child? Her kid already doesn't like the dressing, so I doubt it will have any negative affect in his future, since its not his preferred dressing anyways. You're not going to change her mind.

soon2bemomof307
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM
My kids love Italian dressing so it wouldn't work for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hoping4girl33
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Hey I say whatever works it's better then hitting him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

What's wrong with vinegar?

Quoting Oryon_andMe:

it has vinegar in it though....

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Im lol'ing at some of these over dramatic replies. Apparently you cant do anything without possibly scarring your child for life these days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

I love how people defend their actions because it's ok...
But post anon.

Being able to post anon is the point of this group. You have no argument.

It's more STATEMENT than argument

If you're so sure of it being ok, why "confess it" at all? Especially anon?
I guess I don't get it because I don't do anything I would be unable to admit to using my own name. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Quoting HelloSweetie:

Lol..ummm good for you. Not everyone feels the same way as you. It doesn't make your STATEMENTS any more important because you're using your screen name. Most people don't know eachother on here so using your screen name, or going anonymous has no value. Its a confessions group for crying out loud, she was making a freaking confession.
sweet.daydream
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I think that's freakin awesome. You get your point across without harming the kid. What's better than that?? All of these judgemental moms just have a stick up their ass...Its freakin salad dressing...get a grip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Why do you care so much what she's doing with HER child? Her kid already doesn't like the dressing, so I doubt it will have any negative affect in his future, since its not his preferred dressing anyways. You're not going to change her mind.

where did I say I care so much about what she does to HER child??? I said that it's things like this that create issues in children later in life with foods. I probably won't change her mind, or yours, I'm simply stating a fact that things like using food for punishment create eatting issues into adulthood.  If you don't like the facts, you can choose to ignore them, and go about your business as you please.Its not effecting my child so honestly I don't care, as I stated, I'm simply stating the facts.

heavenlybliss19
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM

that and hot sauce would never work on me, my mom had to use soap on me and hot sauce on my brother.  i would gladly take hot sauce and drink it, and my brother thought that actually eating soap was funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN