Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im starting to think people living off welfare are doing it right *edit*

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM
  • 244 Replies
9 moms liked this
I mean wtf not. Where does being responsible really get you? Someone answer me that. Here I am busting my ass, not on shit, going to school, working my ass off at work and its gotten me and my family NOWHERE! I am beyond my limit, finishing school will only get me a $2 raise that will amount to nothing when I have to start paying off student loans. My marriage is falling apart because we both are working so hard (well me). What I bring home doesn't even cover daycare for me to go to school (after medical). My 2nd grader is fixing to be held back because I CAN'T BE HOME TO HELP HIM AND NOONE ELSE WILL. My kids cry everytime I leave and when im there im to damn exsahusted to enjoy them. Im left with guilt, broke, and being a shitty mom just to be responsible. Fuck this. If I quit everything and live off the government I can be home to take care of the most important things in my life and be less on edge. Wtf not.

Just to clarify, its not about the money, its about being a good mom and wife. At what point is to much for my family to be working all the time? I feel like I need to be home for them as much as I love what I am doing, im am guilt ridden to the point of making me sick. And dh, he brings home most of the money and goes to school himself (im still out of the house more) and on one hand its hard to blame him for not wanting to help out a nagging, bitch, stressed the hell out wife. I just don't know. My whole world feels like its been flipped just in the last month. Im not "taking it out on people with pa" either, im just saying. And just to clarify, I have been on pa, and in a lot of ways it was easier. That's just my area but...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM
13 moms liked this
Oh boy. This is yet another perfect example of why I hate the system. It almost never works for the right people. I don't know what to tell you other than to hang in there and finish school. In the future you'll be glad you did and if you're as young as it sounds like you are, there's gonna be a lot more future than past for you at this point.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM

BUMP!

kathienpb
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Where is dh? I know you said he's working but why isn't he helping you? Just curious. Nicoleb9 is right though, just hang in there. Its hard now but it will get better. You can do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM
10 moms liked this
I have said almost the exact same thing. This is the reason this country is in the sad state that its in. It doesn't pay to bust your ass anymore. Hard work will get you nowhere and, sometimes, it actually pays to do nothing. It's frustrating as hell for those of us who are being shit on for trying to be responsible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM
12 moms liked this
This shit again? What do you think people on welfare own nice houses and eatat four star restaurants every single night? It seems to me like you've got the wrong impression of what being on welfare is really like.
Do some people abuse the system, sure. But it doesn't mean that everyone else is, or that they have it made. I'm sure there are people on welfare that have jobs, and still manage to run their family lives.
If your son needs help that badly, get him a tutor, or go to the school and see what they can do.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM
4 moms liked this
Sure it seems better, but when tommorow comes your kids will be proud of you, responsible adults, and will look up to you for working hard and giving them that example of hard work, personal merit, and sacrafice. Instead of saying my mom was lazy and the government raised us...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Oh boy. This is yet another perfect example of why I hate the system. It almost never works for the right people. I don't know what to tell you other than to hang in there and finish school. In the future you'll be glad you did and if you're as young as it sounds like you are, there's gonna be a lot more future than past for you at this point.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Why would you take student loans to get a $2 raise ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM
7 moms liked this
I am sorry but if my chil is at risk of failing cause he isn't getting the proper help, me going to school would be the last thing on my mind. I would quit school, sit down with my child and work with him so he can get caught up and pass his grade. Once he is able to pass that's when I would go back to school. My kids education comes first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonmomma
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM
He is there but he doesn't do shit. He makes dinner 90% of the time, and that is great, but that is all he does unless I get pissed off. Even if I ask him for something he "forgets". Doesn't do anything with the kids. Ill be on clinicals overnight and come home to a huge mess, have to get the kids ready, take them to school, all while trying to wake him up, clean the house, sleep, get them at 3, get ready and do it all over again. That's my life whether it be work or clinicals, that's all I do and smash homework and shopping and what not in there occasionally. He works and goes to school to but as far as taking care of the kids and house, its all on me, but im out of the house more. Kwim

Quoting kathienpb:

Where is dh? I know you said he's working but why isn't he helping you? Just curious. Nicoleb9 is right though, just hang in there. Its hard now but it will get better. You can do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured