Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you still be sexy with stretch marks?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM
  • 24 Replies

After having my DD I have a few stretch marks in my belly button area, on my sides, and butt. Although they aren't hideous I feel like I can't be sexy anymore. I'm only 22 and all I want is to be able to wear a bikini again but that is out the question completely!  What do you moms do when it comes to summertime and you go to the beach...do you wear a one piece or what? Also what are some good exercises for getting rid of that lower pooch? When I stand up my stomach is flat as can be, but if you poke it it's mushy....

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Not everyone can, but yes. I find stretch marks beautiful....well, mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I feel quite sexy even with my stretch marks and cellulite. I wear a bikini when I go to the beach. I'm quite confident in how I look. It took time to get me to this place and a lot of reminders that Im beautiful.
megandcailey08
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM
See that's my issue I have a few stretch marks. And a bit of flub. I would love to wear a bikini again but I'm so self conscious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soulprncs2
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I think you can.  How old is your DD?  I think over time, lots of time, you start to not notice them.  Or it could be that I don't notice mine, because of my 3 kids, DH, celluite and way too big butt and stomach.  

I have adjusted what I use to wear, but I am not 20 anymore, either.  I guess what I am saying is that life is changing and you need to go with the flow.  I am sure no one notices your stretch marks and if they do then that is on them. Go out and have fun with your kid.  I am sure they will notice a happy mom and child over some stretch marks.  Now if your boob is hanging out while you are running down the beach I might whisper for you to tuck it in. sidesplittinglaughter

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM
There are things like Bio Oil and Mederma that I've heard work well with getting stretch marks get better. You can get them anywhere like Target or Wal Mart. But don't worry too much about them. I know they're annoying and don't look great but you got them honest.
MarinaVictoria
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM

LMBO!!!!!! too bad I'm literally almost flat chested smh. But thanks!!

Quoting Soulprncs2:

I think you can.  How old is your DD?  I think over time, lots of time, you start to not notice them.  Or it could be that I don't notice mine, because of my 3 kids, DH, celluite and way too big butt and stomach.  

I have adjusted what I use to wear, but I am not 20 anymore, either.  I guess what I am saying is that life is changing and you need to go with the flow.  I am sure no one notices your stretch marks and if they do then that is on them. Go out and have fun with your kid.  I am sure they will notice a happy mom and child over some stretch marks.  Now if your boob is hanging out while you are running down the beach I might whisper for you to tuck it in. sidesplittinglaughter

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM
This. I am the same size that I was before I had twins but I have a few stretch marks on my stomach and a tiny bit of twin skin that you can't see until I sit down and I'm still sexy.
You should take pride in the fact that you got those stretch marks from bringing life in to this world.

Quoting SarahLizyB:

I feel quite sexy even with my stretch marks and cellulite. I wear a bikini when I go to the beach. I'm quite confident in how I look. It took time to get me to this place and a lot of reminders that Im beautiful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM
I wear a two piece when im with df cause Im more comfortable with him and I know he'd hit anyone who said anything lol I wear a one piece with my family and strangers cause they're assholes and Id cry if they said anything and I was by myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shawna4fun
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM
6 moms liked this

Queen_Bree
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM

There are a few creams that help fade stretch marks... I have used a few of them but it was so long ago I cant remember which I liked best. As long as you like yourself that is all that is needed to be sexy! I wish you the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured