Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son thinks he can sing better than he can.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

my son is 17 and wants to try out for american idol. He is good but not THAT good. I hate to tell him because he really loves singing and I don't want him to stop but he thinks he is going to do so well and get right in on American Idol. I don't think that will happen :-/ i know it sounds bad but I'm just looking out for him.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Post a youtube video
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Post a youtube video

on here? no. 

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Really, percentage wise, most people auditioning won't get on the TV show, so unless he begs or cries to the judges, I would say it's better for them to let him down, rather than you. He's expecting the judges to be harsh, I'm sure.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM

If he's not horrible why not let him try out?  He'll get a professional opinion and get it out of his system, plus it might be a fun experience. Most people who go on Idol don't make it so it's not like it would be a total surprise or let down for him. 

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Maybe singing lessons? If he turns out to be good...great...if not, it will come from a voice coach instead of you. I think I'd let him at least try out for American Idol if that's even feasible. Can't hurt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM
as a singer myself(who could use a couple of lessons myself) why not get him voice lessons?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Let him go and see what happens.  If he gets rejected he learns a lesson and if he doesn't....hell that is even better. :)

nazgor
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM
A lot of people try out because their family and friends tell them they are good. If he isn't bad try singing lessons. Or let him try out and see what they say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Why don't you try to get him some singing lessons. Tell him it's to better him if he wants to try out. If he doesn't wnat to or if you can't afford any then don't discourage him. Tell him it takes alot to be on the show and dont get discouraged if he doesn't make it. It  just means to try harder to get better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)