Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you drink around your kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I will occasionally have a beer or two while cooking dinner. It's always when I know dh is about to head home for work. I've never gotten drunk in front of my kids. I think I've only gotten drunk three times when they were home, all times they were asleep and dh was sober. I think when you have kids there should always be a sober adult who can drive in case of emergency.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
manderator
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Oh yes all the time...

Pop, tea, juice and ALWAYS coffee...

jk yes I have ... but there's a diff between having a glass of wine or two and getting wasted.

jc7981
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

My dd has an alcoholic father so she is uncomfortable with drinking around her at all. When my dh and I got married I was holding my brothers beer and my dd freaked out thinking I was drinking around her. So therefore I do not drink even one drink around her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Its ok to have a glass wine or 1-2 beers.. but more then that is shitty parent to me.
i myself have NEVER drank infront of my kids. I actually stopped all drinking 4 1/2 yrs agodh has a beer or two on his day off.
DejaVooDoo
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I used to have an occasional red wine with dinner. If I wanted more than that, I would wait until the kids went to bed - And I would tell my S/O that I was having a few drinks. We would call it the "nominated parent time". Therefore there is always a parent or a guardian there to look after the kids who has had no drinks at all. Most of the time, I wouldn't get drunk or tiddly. But it was nice to know that someone was there to look after them just in case.

Nowadays I don't drink at all, so it isn't an issue anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured