Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh hell no I'm not wearing those

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=women

My MIL ordered DH and DS a pair of jeans from the Texas Jeans company.  They got here today and my husband is so in love with the way they look and feel on him he said from now on, we're buying all our jeans there.  I went and looked at their website and all they offer for women's jeans are ugly, plain denim fitted mom-jeans.

I told him "Hell no I'm not wearing those!"  He doesn't understand I need my jeans to be low-rise boot-cut jeans, any other style makes me look short and fat.  

These are the kind of jeans I wear:

Of course, this is the same man that wants me to wear long pleated country-style skirts with ankle boots!  LOL!  One time he brought home from Goodwill a Mexican-style dress, you know, with the embroidery and bibbed ruffled collar.  I was like WTF?!?  I know I'm Hispanic, but I have never, ever dressed like that or insinuated I wanted to!  It wasn't even a pretty one, it was actually pretty damn ugly!  It got lost in one of the moves LOL.  

He is 17 years older than me (I'm 32 and he's 49) so that may account for him wanting me to dress older than I am.  He says I don't need to wear sexy clothes anymore because I'm a mom.  Um, I don't wear sexy clothes.  I wear nice clothes, like the jeans I pictured above; nice, pretty blouses and heels.  I don't think that's sexy.  I just like to look nice.  

What would you do?

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
They look like mom Jeans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no!! I actually just got a pair of jeans like the pic you posted. They are comfy and cute. I still prefer flair legs, I hate straight leg or skinny jeans!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy9120
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Hello mom jeans! I could never wear them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, seriously they scream "hi! I drive all he kids to soccer practice and I sew all their clothes, especially Halloween costumes and cool vests for holidays"

My old neighbor wore "mom" jeans, and she is described above lol. I felt bad for the kids wearing those vests to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smtxcowgirl
by Bitch please on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Omg lol.  

Mom jeans...ewwwwwww

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, seriously they scream "hi! I drive all he kids to soccer practice and I sew all their clothes, especially Halloween costumes and cool vests for holidays"

My old neighbor wore "mom" jeans, and she is described above lol. I felt bad for the kids wearing those vests to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Lol. I would rather walk around pants-less and claim I'm insane then wear them lol.

Quoting smtxcowgirl:

Omg lol.  

Mom jeans...ewwwwwww

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathienpb
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Ha I would do the shopping! Good luck momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell him he can wear whatever he wants and continue wearing my jeans.  WTF does he care?  Just becuase they are comfortable on him doesn't mean you will like them....

smtxcowgirl
by Bitch please on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I do.  He tries to suggest clothes for me every once in awhile but they're always old lady clothes.  I wish he would just give up.  I don't understand why he thinks I have to dress frumpy now just because I'm a mom.  

Quoting kngarber:

I would tell him he can wear whatever he wants and continue wearing my jeans.  WTF does he care?  Just becuase they are comfortable on him doesn't mean you will like them....

millersmom13
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Why does your husband get to decide what YOU wear?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)