Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh hell no I'm not wearing those

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=women

My MIL ordered DH and DS a pair of jeans from the Texas Jeans company.  They got here today and my husband is so in love with the way they look and feel on him he said from now on, we're buying all our jeans there.  I went and looked at their website and all they offer for women's jeans are ugly, plain denim fitted mom-jeans.

I told him "Hell no I'm not wearing those!"  He doesn't understand I need my jeans to be low-rise boot-cut jeans, any other style makes me look short and fat.  

These are the kind of jeans I wear:

Of course, this is the same man that wants me to wear long pleated country-style skirts with ankle boots!  LOL!  One time he brought home from Goodwill a Mexican-style dress, you know, with the embroidery and bibbed ruffled collar.  I was like WTF?!?  I know I'm Hispanic, but I have never, ever dressed like that or insinuated I wanted to!  It wasn't even a pretty one, it was actually pretty damn ugly!  It got lost in one of the moves LOL.  

He is 17 years older than me (I'm 32 and he's 49) so that may account for him wanting me to dress older than I am.  He says I don't need to wear sexy clothes anymore because I'm a mom.  Um, I don't wear sexy clothes.  I wear nice clothes, like the jeans I pictured above; nice, pretty blouses and heels.  I don't think that's sexy.  I just like to look nice.  

What would you do?

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Replies (11-13):
heavenlybliss19
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM

i think your hubby needs to back off and let ya dress how ya want.  jmo.  i'd understand it if you were walkin outta the house in Beyonce style clothing, but they're jeans... lol

Barefootncrazyy
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Those jeans are NOT attrative! I am sorry. The ones you posted are cute and there not super low cut and they have sassy but dont look like your trying to be 16. I would stick to your guns, not waste 30 dollars on jeans that dont even look comfee. 

smtxcowgirl
by Bitch please on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
He doesn't. He never has and he never will. He likes to give me suggestions but I always say "Hell no" so I don't know why he still bothers.

I've always been my own woman! No one is going to tell me what I "should" be wearing!

Quoting millersmom13:

Why does your husband get to decide what YOU wear?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured