Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am not married...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

but I still call my SO's son my stepson. We have been together a long time. I have been in this child's life since he was 2. I love him more than myself, and like he was my own. My SO and I may or may not get married but we will be together forever. What's wrong with that? We are happy, and consider ourselves a family.  A VERY HAPPY FAMILY. I feed him, buy his clothes, help with homework, take care of him when he is sick, get up when he has a nightmare . It doesn't happen much but I'm sick of those bitches that feel they have to make it a point to say "your not his stepmom". Technically no, I do not have a piece of paper saying that they are my family. But in my heart and soul, they are mine. So suck it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that!

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Hey, if it works for you all, and you're all happy, then no one else has a right to say anything. You all know better than anyone what makes you happy, and that's all that matters.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I see no problem with it. You are in the step mom role.

MomTiara19
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

You and your step son are blessed to have one another.

A family is what you make it.

I can see you are their heartbeat:)

~Tia

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Ok? What there a point here or are you just being provocative?

MissC16
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I posted a question in another group about his BM thinking about giving up custody and one replier started with "he's not your stepson" and it pissed me off.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Quoting MissC16:

I posted a question in another group about his BM thinking about giving up custody and one replier started with "he's not your stepson" and it pissed me off.

Quoting ElitestJen:

So...someone in another group pissed you off and you tell an entire different group to "suck it."

How often do you misdirect your anger?

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Nothing wrong with that.

MissC16
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

lol sorry if it offended you. I meant  it towards the women that say that. This is mom confessions. I had a confession. How often do you decide to take random posts personal?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting MissC16:

Quoting ElitestJen:

So...someone in another group pissed you off and you tell an entire different group to "suck it."

How often do you misdirect your anger?

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Quoting MissC16:

lol sorry if it offended you. I meant  it towards the women that say that. This is mom confessions. I had a confession. How often do you decide to take random posts personal?

I didn't take it personally.  You directed your rant at the women in here.  If you meant towards the women that were mean to you....doesn't it make sense to tell THEM to suck it....in the group where they are? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)