Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

but I still call my SO's son my stepson. We have been together a long time. I have been in this child's life since he was 2. I love him more than myself, and like he was my own. My SO and I may or may not get married but we will be together forever. What's wrong with that? We are happy, and consider ourselves a family.  A VERY HAPPY FAMILY. I feed him, buy his clothes, help with homework, take care of him when he is sick, get up when he has a nightmare . It doesn't happen much but I'm sick of those bitches that feel they have to make it a point to say "your not his stepmom". Technically no, I do not have a piece of paper saying that they are my family. But in my heart and soul, they are mine. So suck it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
RaeAnne.USAF
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM
If if works for you'll than good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissC16
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM

You asked why I posted this in the first place. I was directing it towards the women who SAY that, not all the women in this group. I was looking at posts in this group, so I posted in this group. I was unaware I had to stay in one particular group to vent.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting MissC16:

lol sorry if it offended you. I meant  it towards the women that say that. This is mom confessions. I had a confession. How often do you decide to take random posts personal?

I didn't take it personally.  You directed your rant at the women in here.  If you meant towards the women that were mean to you....doesn't it make sense to tell THEM to suck it....in the group where they are? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers

Rosesarered.
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I have major problems with your not being married---really all legal.

I don't care who/what you live with, but you are sacrificing some legal protections when you are not married to his father.  What would happen if his father passed?  It is the same thing when people live together; usually the female is the one who accepts the majority of the responsibility for running the house.  I live in a state that has common law marriage.  It is still a problem for the female,  for example if you have children and your SO dies.  You must establish paternity to get Social Security help that a married person would get automatically. It is just more complicated without marriage.  I am not even considering the religious part of marriage. Marriage is more than a piece of paper.  It is a legal protection.

NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I see nothing wrong with it. After being with my SO for 3 years, my children refer to him as stepdad all the time. It's their choice to call him that. SO and I know we want to be together for the long haul. that's all that matters to us.

manderator
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM

My bf gets this same treatment usually from my family about my kids.  He's an AMAZING daddy to them and provides for all 5 of us in the home and for his 2 sons.  You go girl!

MissC16
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

We will probably be married eventually. My point was even if we don't, we're still family.  This isn't about the legal aspects of being married or not.

Quoting Rosesarered.:

I have major problems with your not being married---really all legal.

I don't care who/what you live with, but you are sacrificing some legal protections when you are not married to his father.  What would happen if his father passed?  It is the same thing when people live together; usually the female is the one who accepts the majority of the responsibility for running the house.  I live in a state that has common law marriage.  It is still a problem for the female,  for example if you have children and your SO dies.  You must establish paternity to get Social Security help that a married person would get automatically. It is just more complicated without marriage.  I am not even considering the religious part of marriage. Marriage is more than a piece of paper.  It is a legal protection.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Rock on, sister.

Quoting MissC16:

You asked why I posted this in the first place. I was directing it towards the women who SAY that, not all the women in this group. I was looking at posts in this group, so I posted in this group. I was unaware I had to stay in one particular group to vent.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting MissC16:

lol sorry if it offended you. I meant  it towards the women that say that. This is mom confessions. I had a confession. How often do you decide to take random posts personal?

I didn't take it personally.  You directed your rant at the women in here.  If you meant towards the women that were mean to you....doesn't it make sense to tell THEM to suck it....in the group where they are? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM
No prob here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathey4759
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Quoting cbk_mom3:

Hey, if it works for you all, and you're all happy, then no one else has a right to say anything. You all know better than anyone what makes you happy, and that's all that matters.

MissC16
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM

good

Quoting ElitestJen:

Rock on, sister.

Quoting MissC16:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting MissC16:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured