Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you leave?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Would you leave?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (There is always an other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

When my husband and I got married, I was under the impression that we both had the idea in mind of a big family. But after some talking, he wants no more kids ever. We have 2 young boys, one is 4 years and one is 6 months, and I want at least one more, maybe 2 or 3. He says we are having no more kids. Like, to the point of, he is scheduled to go in and get a vasectomy?! He made the appointment already and everything. Now I know we already have 2 kids, and "we can always adopt," and all that. But still, I am really REALLY heartbroken. I'm kind of left standing here dumbfounded, thinking whether or not its worth it to stay. I want a big family! Not a family of 4 :/ He says its because after having our younger son, it reminds him how much he can't stand babies. He actually said its hard for him to even hold our youngest because he hates babies that much. He wasn't like this with our oldest! I'm at such a loss :/

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

no I wouldn't. btw what do you mean by 'under the impression".

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM
6 moms liked this

You're seriously considering divorcing the father of your children and ripping your family apart because you are not getting your way?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM

We had talked about having a big family before, so I thought we were on the same page. And yeah, I suppose I am. This is a HUGE deal to me. I'm not talking about "Oh, hubs won't let me get this $200 jacket so I think I'm gonna fuck over my whole family." But I WANT a big family. I don't understand how we were so close on our thinking and then all of a sudden, he flips to the opposite side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM

If he is a good huband  & father leave it alone. Raise the 2 you have together and be happy. he's being honest. Does he say he doesn't like the youngest?

activitymode
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You guys need to have a big talk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

no i wouldnt...thats selfish. If you love your husband, and you take your vows seriously, then get over it. Stop acting like a child. Maybe you could make a childs life better in the future by adopting....think of it that way

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I understand being mad and disappointed.. Its something you really want, so important you made sure to talk about it before committing to him.. I would weigh your pros's and con's and make a decision there. Maybe you guys could foster older children? Its better he is honest with his feelings rather then lead you on a couple years. And you wouldn't want him to remain unhappy just to make you happy the only people who would truly be affected by that would be your children.

batsbelfry
by Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

How would the 2 boys you have now react to you divorcing their dad becuase they werern't enough???  I understand that this is not exactly what you mean but a child has a very good ability to blame themselves for everthing wrong when it comes to their parents escpecially during divorce.  Be very careful on what you choose for their sake!  Not having any more children just does not sound like a very good reason to tear your family apart JMHO

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Wowwwww. I think your husband should leave you instead. lawl

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Maybe you could get him to agree to some counseling before he has a vasectomy.  Sounds like he has some issues to work through since he is not acting like himself with the second?  I'm sorry, I know this would be extremely diffucult, but not really a good reason to rip apart your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)