Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you leave?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you leave?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (There is always an other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

When my husband and I got married, I was under the impression that we both had the idea in mind of a big family. But after some talking, he wants no more kids ever. We have 2 young boys, one is 4 years and one is 6 months, and I want at least one more, maybe 2 or 3. He says we are having no more kids. Like, to the point of, he is scheduled to go in and get a vasectomy?! He made the appointment already and everything. Now I know we already have 2 kids, and "we can always adopt," and all that. But still, I am really REALLY heartbroken. I'm kind of left standing here dumbfounded, thinking whether or not its worth it to stay. I want a big family! Not a family of 4 :/ He says its because after having our younger son, it reminds him how much he can't stand babies. He actually said its hard for him to even hold our youngest because he hates babies that much. He wasn't like this with our oldest! I'm at such a loss :/

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (61-68):
mommybug77
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

it is his body to do what he wants. Why does she have any say over his reproductive organs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM
& y does she?

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting Anonymous:

it is his body to do what he wants. Why does she have any say over his reproductive organs?
mommybug77
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

you don't make any sense
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Again, if she wants more kids, y does she have 2 give in & give up? That's called settling, hun. I want another baby once I'm married & I'm not gonna give in 4 what some1 else. But u do what u want....I'm not sayin' any1s wrong, I answered the ??? from the OP.

I don't know if it's the group or just the people, but having 2 re-repeat myself. There must b a comprehension issue in the air. I'm goin' 2 another group. No more responses 4 u; 2 much work.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting Anonymous:

you don't make any sense
liz.1986
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM
No, I wouldn't leave. I want more kids too but I know Dh is done, so I just count the two blessings I have and be thankful for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

she can do what she wants. He can get snipped if he wants. If she feels that strongly than she can break up the family and leave.
llaven
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I understand where your coming from, before my husband I got married we discussed and agreed to have a big family. Right after our son was born (he's 15 months old) we talked again and deciede together again that 2 was a good number. Recently I brought up TTC in the next couple of months and my DH informed me that he decided that we weren't having anymore children. I am very upset by this but after talking to him and understanding what was going on in my DH's head I found out that with him starting a new career and me trying to finish my degree he doesn't think it's a good idea at this moment ( I agree). So we agreed to discuss this topic again in a year. I explained to him how I still have a need for another child and he understand that too. So we'll see what happens.

MidnightRambler
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

No, I would not leave. I would talk to him about adopting or fostering or whatever but I would respect his decision to not have more children. I don't mean to be rude (really, this isn't a hostile question -  I am just curious) but who are you planning to have more kids with? Are you thinking that if you leave your husband you will instantly meet another man who is not only willing to be a stepdad to your existing two, but wants more kids too? Or are you planning to have a huge family alone? Are you able to support a big family? The comment about not liking babies is harsh, but at least he is being honest with you. Babies are hard to care for sometimes and I find that most men are less enthusiastic about babies than women. It doesn't mean that he hates having older kids or that he is a bad father (unless he actually is, which would be another issue entirely).

***I'm editing because I read the previous responses and it sounds like your DH is a good father to your older child. Again, please don't think I was being judgemental, I was just wondering what your future plans were. Good luck sorting this issue out with your husband and I hope you can reach some agreement on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)