Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

some days I feel like I could beat my 4 year old and feel better...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Some days I could beat my 4 year old and feel better! He has been a shit all day, I had a doctors appointment today and for lack of a sitter kids tagged along, on the way back home he decided it was a great idea to unbuckle himself and his carseat as I'm driving down the road at 65 mph, I stopped the car as soon as I could, got out rebuckled his seat spanked him, buckled him back in and drove away, all this after multiple times of telling him to leave his chest strap buckled. NOw I'm sitting at home he is in the corner for his offence and waiting for dad to get home. It wouldn't be so bad, but this is not the first time he has done this...ugh
***ALSO I HAVE NOT AND WILL NEVER BEAT MY KIDS, I'M JUST VENTING!***
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
imspikesmom
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM

whatever floats your boat. im glad im not your kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not ashamed of it at all. Women on cafemom like to act nuts and repeat the shit everyday about women who spank and I don't want the drama. And they know I love them. They don't get spanked often Because it works. If I only did the corner, they'd b in it twenty times a day.

Quoting imspikesmom:

also, if youre so proud of yourself, why are you anonymous? own your convictions.

Quoting imspikesmom:

of course its just my opinion. i get mad, too im just not a violent person. i dont see how your kids will feel loved and respected when they get the shit beat out of them. i really cant imagine what they would do to desere such shitty treatment.

Quoting Anonymous:

In your opinion!!! It works well with all the kids I know!! In fact, I beat the living shit out of mine when they need it. And trust me it works BC they won't do it again, I guarantee that.

Quoting imspikesmom:

spanking doesnt work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad too BC I'd b pretty old if you were ;) lol. But seriously, my oldest has adhd and bad temper problems and its the only thing that works. Its not that I love spanking them or want to but I've tried everything else. And its maybe once every few months so I dont think its a big deal. He learns, doesn't do it again, and afterward we hug and kiss and he apologizes :). Whatever works, right? If yours listen and sumthin else works, then by all means. I wouldn't if I didn't have to either.

Quoting imspikesmom:

whatever floats your boat. im glad im not your kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not ashamed of it at all. Women on cafemom like to act nuts and repeat the shit everyday about women who spank and I don't want the drama. And they know I love them. They don't get spanked often Because it works. If I only did the corner, they'd b in it twenty times a day.

Quoting imspikesmom:

also, if youre so proud of yourself, why are you anonymous? own your convictions.

Quoting imspikesmom:

of course its just my opinion. i get mad, too im just not a violent person. i dont see how your kids will feel loved and respected when they get the shit beat out of them. i really cant imagine what they would do to desere such shitty treatment.

Quoting Anonymous:

In your opinion!!! It works well with all the kids I know!! In fact, I beat the living shit out of mine when they need it. And trust me it works BC they won't do it again, I guarantee that.

Quoting imspikesmom:

spanking doesnt work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I was venting, what do you think the point of this post was?

Quoting imspikesmom:

then what was this post about?

Quoting Anonymous:

He has and the behavior stopped afterwards, trust me it works.

Quoting imspikesmom:

obviously spanking doesnt work if hes ever been spanked before. but if youre right and he wont do it again then you can breathe easy and stop having violent thoughts about your 4 yo.

Quoting Anonymous:

And neither does anything else, spanking gets through to him better than anything else does, the first time this happened I talked to him about why we don't do that, second time he got a corner as soon as we got home, this time he got his butt spanked and a corner...bet ya he won't do it again.

Quoting imspikesmom:

spanking doesnt work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM
How was I being a shit, this makes no sense...

Quoting sunfireprincess:

She was practicing being a shit herself

Quoting Anonymous:

not sure I know what you mean?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol maybe he is a shit because he gets it from you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe go to the police or fire station? have them check the carseat, how he fits, etc... and let them have a long talk about why its very important for him to remain seated in the carseat, etc...? if nothing else works, maybe an outside force would, ya know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM
That wouldn't work, he would do it in hopes of being able to go back then.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe go to the police or fire station? have them check the carseat, how he fits, etc... and let them have a long talk about why its very important for him to remain seated in the carseat, etc...? if nothing else works, maybe an outside force would, ya know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM

maybe after a week of him "completing his training" he can go back for an unofficial Badge of Buckle... but like all cops, the badge can be taken away if they unbuckle the belt?

Quoting Anonymous:

That wouldn't work, he would do it in hopes of being able to go back then.

Quoting Anonymous:

trebelcleff
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I use spanking too, especially when it is something dangerous (like reaching for the stove, running away outside close to the street, or unbuckling in the car).  It does work, because we don't use it for everything... in fact we barely use it at all.  And it's not like we beat our children... we barely even swat them, and we ALWAYS explain why their behaviour resulted in a consequence. 

To the OP - It sounds like you're having a rough day :( .  I recommend getting them into bed, then taking a long, nice hot bath or shower with your child-free time (or some other relaxing activity that you enjoy)!  Take deep breaths, and remember that tomorrow is a new day.  If you look forward to starting fresh, your LO will sense it and might act better.  Good luck, and try not to dwell on it (even though I'm sure you feel like pulling a "homer Simpson" and strangling him)!!!

jayme1978
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM
How scary! Definitely a spanking for that dangerous behavior. Better a spanking than his life. Hang in there mama tomorrows another day. Maybe a better day :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM
That is about the only times I've used spanking, for the most part its corners, losing a toy, or whatever fits the crime, he knows when we spank its a serious offence. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a whole lot better than today.

Quoting trebelcleff:

I use spanking too, especially when it is something dangerous (like reaching for the stove, running away outside close to the street, or unbuckling in the car).  It does work, because we don't use it for everything... in fact we barely use it at all.  And it's not like we beat our children... we barely even swat them, and we ALWAYS explain why their behaviour resulted in a consequence. 

To the OP - It sounds like you're having a rough day :( .  I recommend getting them into bed, then taking a long, nice hot bath or shower with your child-free time (or some other relaxing activity that you enjoy)!  Take deep breaths, and remember that tomorrow is a new day.  If you look forward to starting fresh, your LO will sense it and might act better.  Good luck, and try not to dwell on it (even though I'm sure you feel like pulling a "homer Simpson" and strangling him)!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)