Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeless

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

What do you think of when you think homeless? A person on the street ? Lazzy? What if some one lost every thing due a freak event are they in the same catagory? We lost it all with BP and ended up homeless. My DS was born while we where living in a shelter. My Ex DH lost his mind and went on meds. DS was sick and stayed in the hospital for 3mo. When we got on our feet EDH took himself off all the meds and snaped. He beat me and put me in the hospital. When i came home he had beat my two DDs  and DCS was taking all 3 of em as i walked up. ( I have em Back)  They left me there with him and i had no way out. He raped me and beat me again putting me back in to the hospital this time the cops took him. He is in jail still. When you see a homeless person think what if I lost it all? would it work its way out? Would ppl help me?  You never know what you are made of till its all gone.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
angelbaby1977
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM
So true. So sorry for your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I just think they are struggling and need a hand up

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

depends on if i know them or not. when i lived in Columbus, there was a homeless guy who LOVED living out on the streets. i have no idea why, but he liked the 'freedom' it brought... same with the homeless woman i met, named "Momma". both loved living out on the street, and they'd help other homeless people. the man became homeless when he wasnt able to afford his insurance, which meant he couldnt afford his meds (much needed!)... which meant that he ended up losing his job (he kept getting physically aggressive)... which meant he lost his home. but oddly enough, every time i seen him and chilled with him, he was the most laid back person i ever met! he said it was cuz the lack of responsibility... nothing was on his shoulders, stressing him out. but by that time, he was on the street for like a decade- so he knew where all the spots were, where he could be safe, eat, etc.

momma-- i'm not really sure of her story. she kept it hush-hush, but she also had the street smarts as the guy above, so i can only guess that she'd been homeless for a while as well.

for me-- if i became homeless, my dad would help me out as much as he could. once he's gone though, i'm kinda on my own. my older sister might let me and DS in, but she wants to travel the world (kind of like Peace Corp, but through a different agency). if she achieves her dream, then she wouldnt have a place for us to go to.

hopefully, i'm never in that position though. i know it can happen- life happens like that. but its a matter of getting back on your feet.

AspieCarrie
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Just WOW. I'm so sorry, mama. Lots and lots of positive thoughts and hugs for you. May you be blessed with everything positive in your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)