Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I never want to give birth again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

My labor lasted for a total of 8 hours from start to finish. They did not believe me when I said my contractions were not stopping. I begged for an epidural and they said they were waiting on the on-call anesthesiologist and when he got there he gave me an epidural succeeded, so I thought and I told him I still feel pain and he said "oh, it will take a while and will only work on your right side". I felt a tiny bit of relief but for a while I felt the urge to push and even told my mother but they did not believe my labor had progressed that fast so they didn't check me. After the epidural they finally checked me and I was already 10CM and she could feel the head. BUT..guess what? We were still waiting on the doctor. He came about 30 minutes later and looked at my vagina like it was an alien (it was sort of hairy) and asked them "did you break her water" and they said NO of course so he broke it and within a few seconds my baby was out. The overall birth experience was extremely painful of course but they did not make it any better. EVERYONE there was in the Air Force! They were really inexperienced it was horrible. I did not know it would be like that. I wish I would have stayed at the Army hospital I was originally supposed to go to because AT LEAST they had experienced civilians. After this experience I really do not want to have another baby. Oh and my boobs are inflated because of breastfeeding too. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM
6 moms liked this

What did you expect, sunshine and rainbows to come out of your ass?  Welcome to birth, being a woman and motherhood.

milfanyway
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Ehhh... I labored seventy two hours with my youngest, crashed twice, once while on the table during the emergency c section after my sons heart rate spiked to three hundred bpm... And I would do it again :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quoting mich.el.le:

What did you expect, sunshine and rainbows to come out of your ass?  Welcome to birth, being a woman and motherhood.

I didn't expect everyone to be so inexperienced. 

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Your op doesnt make it sound like they were inexperienced.  What exactly made them so inexperienced?

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I've had 2, and I would gladly give birth again if we decided to have any more kids.  But then, I'm a freak and I enjoyed it.  It was an amazing experiance.

And my labor was 12 hours with my 1st and 10 with my second.

cowgirlupgrl
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Try being in labor for a month....i understand where you are coming from but you knew going into it from other peoples stories that it wasnt going to be ice cream and cake...I am not putting you down...but there is alot worse things out there...there are moms that are in labor for 3 or 4 days having contractions non-stop and also like me havving contractions for a month....it could be worse but good luck to you with whatever you decide

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Your op doesnt make it sound like they were inexperienced.  What exactly made them so inexperienced?

Oh it's a lot. The fact that everyone was in the Air Force...which the only training they had was from the Air Force and they were young. Besides the doctors of course. My mom who was in the room with me noticed a lot of things I didn't even notice because of course this is my first birth and she has given birth four times in civilian hospitals and she told me they were for unprofessional and filed a complaint 

mom2cheesebug
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Im sorry yours was not what you thought it would be. Mine was bad too, but i will do it again. I was in labor for 38 hours, pushed for 5 hours and then had an emergency c-section. I begged them not to give me an epidural, but after 32 hours of labor my DD's heart rate was dropping so they said i had to have one. Then it fell out, so it only worked for about an hour. They gave me another one in the operating room too. It was bad, but i worked hard for my DD and i will do it again for the next one.

It doesnt have to be so bad the next time. You can get a doctor that you trust and it will make a world of difference in the birthing experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how I felt about my first birth...only worse...That's why I went on to have a home birth with a midwife. Much better experience and I actually love giving birth now. I can't wait to do it again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Lemme tell you this. I birthed at an amry hospital twice and it was a devastating experience and no one knew what they were doing. I not have life long back issues, need surgery on my uterus and vagina, and from stress my baby lost his heart beat and they worried he would not make it.Then the care they gave my baby after it was born was SO SO SO bad they sent us to a civilian office when we addressed it. He was sick, we went to the dr. EVERYDAY except sunday for labs and to check he was ok, look for improvements and weigh him. EVERY DAY. Then one day the same lady who checks us in evvvvvery day except sunday says my son doesn't exist, am I sure we have some before. UH? I WAS HERE YESTERDAY! They had lost all of his medical records and reverted him back to being 3 days old. All of his labs, everything HOW??? I had nothing to take to the new dr but a sick 1 month old baby who couldn't eat, sleep, vomited all the time and was completely yellow he looked orange some days.

I think all military hospitals, because yet again I am stuck at one, Are fucking death traps, excuse my language. I've talked to a lot of other wives, same story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN