Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My very first "I am a horrible mom post"

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
I gave my dd some strawberries (2 total) in a little mesh snack bag thing she has...and she's only 7 months. I posted a pic of it on fb and was told she was too young to have them. But her pediatrician told me that since there are no food allergies in our family that it's ok to try all fruits and
Veggies now, just to watch for a reaction. She had them about an hour ago and Shes fine now...but I suppose I'll keep my eyes open and check on her while she's sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luvcloudydays
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, you're just living life on the edge, arent you?
TaughtTot
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't do many solids by tha ttime, my son was hooked on BFing, but as long as you remember one new food at a time it shouldn't be a big deal. If there is a reaction then don't give it again. 

Another big way to test a food is to rub it on the skin and wait a couple minutes to see if the skin gets red or inflamed, swollen, tc.

MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Every single day.

Quoting luvcloudydays:

Wow, you're just living life on the edge, arent you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM

My kids where introduced to fresh fruits and veggies when they where pretty young.  Now that is what they prefer.  A friend of mine only gave her kids formula or breast milk until they where a year old and her kids hate fruits and veggies.  You are not doing anything wrong.  The only thing I would suggest is when you are giving her anything new try to do it early in the day this way you do not go to bed worrying about her. Just a bit of advice :)

charliebean
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I suppose according to whoever told you that, you're supposed to hold off fruits and veggies and peanut butter until she's 8 years old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Wow..lmao
soulawakening82
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM
The berries thing doesn't apply anymore. There is even strawberry banana baby food now....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
She didn't say how long. Ugh I hate when people give parenting advice over facebook. Idk what's ok for my daughter or anything *eyeroll*

Quoting charliebean:

I suppose according to whoever told you that, you're supposed to hold off fruits and veggies and peanut butter until she's 8 years old?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)