Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paralegal vs pharmacy tech

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone here work or have past work experience in either field? Pros? Cons? I have a chance to get training for either one, and would enjoy both. I have been a cna in the past as well as a secretary,so I enjoyed both fields,but ready for something new. Tell me your experiences if you have worked as a pharmacy tech or paralegal. Also, if you haven't,which would you go for and why?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JuliFox
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:27 PM
It is really tough to find a job in the legal field right now, at least where I am. I think pharmacy techs make more. I thought about retraining too but I can't afford to pay for it and we make toomuch to qualify for help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Thats what I have heard, that the legal field is at a stand still now. I have a biology degree and eventually want to get into nursing,but im trying to do some quick training to change fields. I have also thought about being an accountant, which is why i considered paralegal,but idk. lol so confusing

Quoting JuliFox:

It is really tough to find a job in the legal field right now, at least where I am. I think pharmacy techs make more. I thought about retraining too but I can't afford to pay for it and we make toomuch to qualify for help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM

anyone?

newfound09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I am currently working on my Paralegal degree and there are many jobs in my area available. So here's a bump for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting newund09:

I am currently working on my Paralegal degree and there are many jobs in my area available. So here's a bump for you!

SNOOPY795
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Pharmacy tech... pays well, great benefits (if you work in hospital pharmacy).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

did you start off in retail or go straight to work as a hospital pharm tech?

Quoting SNOOPY795:

SNOOPY795
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Neither. Im a surgical tech but have lots of friends n that field. They love it.

Quoting Anonymous:

did you start off in retail or go straight to work as a hospital pharm tech?

Quoting SNOOPY795:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacks013
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I noticed this post was from 2012. If you are still interested in my thoughts I would be happy to respond in detail. I have been a paralegal for 10 years and would be happy to provide thoughts to you...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)