Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the person who wrote "I hate people on wic"

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 127 Replies
11 moms liked this
Wtf is wrong with you? I should have stopped reading at "hispanic."

So if someone is on wic, do they have to get their food in small
batches so you don't have to wait in line behind them? She got good things with her wic. What, would you rather she pull out an ebt card and buy a bunch of cheetos?

So you want wic to be shut down because you were held up in line? Think twice before opening your mouth. You could be down on your luck and in need if assistance someday. The world doesn't revolve around your ass.

_________

"I swear this Hispanic lady took nearly 20 mins @ the check out! She about 12 cans of formula, baby cereal, apple juice, eggs, bread peanut and more baby formula and then how about she forgot an item... yeah fruits.... Jesus christ!!! And then on top the cashier seems like she did not know what she was doing.. so the one guy behind me walked out of the supermarket! So.... finally she was done and had the nerves to ask the cashier for a receipt..I mean a receipt for what ...huh !,,, wic"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I will not stand behind someone on wic if I can avoid it.
Momo77
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM
7 moms liked this
Sits back and eats popcorn and watches dead horse be beat.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I cant say I've ever noticed when someone is paying with WIC... I hate grocery shopping , it gives me anxiety, so I often go late at night.

CadesMum
by Gold Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM
We're all going to have times stuck behind people. It seems to be my luck every time I go the the grocery store but I don't cut them down for whatever the reason is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will not stand behind someone on wic if I can avoid it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadesMum
by Gold Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM
That's always the best time to go

Quoting Supervane:

I cant say I've ever noticed when someone is paying with WIC... I hate grocery shopping , it gives me anxiety, so I often go late at night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hdecker1217
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
What pissed me off most about her post is that she generalized all families on WIC & their kids as dirty and snot-nosed. My DD is neither! Blah stupid people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Poor poor horse: ( is there butter on the popcorn?

Quoting Momo77:

Sits back and eats popcorn and watches dead horse be beat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM
9 moms liked this

Um Yeah, so I went to the grocery store this evening and the person in front of me had WIC and they were buying food and shit and..................they didn't take any longer than ANYONE ELSE!

GAGAhatesitall
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I've been stuck in line behind more idiots who can't make up their minds than people with WIC checks. Just saying.... if the PP is so perfect, then maybe she should re-think where/when she shops.

eatyourveges
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM
5 moms liked this
I feel bad for the woman on wic in this situation. I was on it after my son was born and was "that person" in line. It was humiliating being stared at with contempt by the person behind me.

And for the record: I was on it for less than a year, only until I found a job in my field. I now live quite comfortably and have NO problem waiting patiently behind somebody in the store using wic vouchers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)