Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an L&D RN! Ask me anything!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ive seen a couple posts and thought they were fun! When people hear what I do they always have tons of questions!
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Replies (111-120):
unspecified42
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

We hear it from EMS down in the ER. Grossly ruptured or grossly intact.

Quoting RNMel:

Quoting unspecified42:

Thanks mama :) I thought maybe that's what they were referring to, but we don't use that terminology in regards to ruptured membranes :)

Angeldolphine
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I want to do!

RNMel
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quoting SpikedMango:

I loved my L&D nurse. She walked in and told me she was going to be mean to me and hurt me a few times (health issues that made things much more painful with the cervix checks, lol.) I was terrified, but she was awesome! She was very matter-of-fact on what I should do to relax and I had a GREAT labor experience thanks to her!

Thanks for what you do! My nurse was my life line and the reason I had a quick and easy delivery!

I'm glad you had a great experience!
alotta_fagina
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM
How do you deal with the asshole doctors? I'm a tech @ a hospital - will know end of March if I get into the RN program here - and there's always a few Dr.S who think they're God and talk to nurses like they're mindless idiots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xXxLillithxXx
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Had a quick question or rather wanted your opinion...when I had my son they had no room in the delivery rooms and they were getting ready to take me to surgery for my c-section they gave me my cath in a private room (very dim lights) Not only did it hurt like HELL because it was too dark for her to see well but eventually after poking me everywhere BUT my urethra she called a CNA in with a flashlight...very embarrassing painful and uncomfortable...my question is...arent they supposed to insert the cath AFTER the spinal??? I'm due again in july and I plan on demanding they do this because last time was horrible lol.

K_D88
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Ya it's very irritating!  I live in Nebraska and the only place that does VBACS in this state is about 250 miles away from where I live.  It just doesn't seem feasible to make it that far :(.  Thanks again for all that you do what a miraculous job you have!

Quoting RNMel:

Quoting K_D88:

I live in a state that doesn't "allow" vbacs :( very frustrating...  Thank you for all that you do! :)

That would be so frustrating :( my VBACs were so healing for me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

RNMel
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Quoting alotta_fagina:

How do you deal with the asshole doctors? I'm a tech @ a hospital - will know end of March if I get into the RN program here - and there's always a few Dr.S who think they're God and talk to nurses like they're mindless idiots

We actually have pretty good Drs here that trust us and our opinions. I've not yet had to deal with the 'greater than thou' dr. I'm sure I will someday though!
RNMel
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Had a quick question or rather wanted your opinion...when I had my son they had no room in the delivery rooms and they were getting ready to take me to surgery for my c-section they gave me my cath in a private room (very dim lights) Not only did it hurt like HELL because it was too dark for her to see well but eventually after poking me everywhere BUT my urethra she called a CNA in with a flashlight...very embarrassing painful and uncomfortable...my question is...arent they supposed to insert the cath AFTER the spinal??? I'm due again in july and I plan on demanding they do this because last time was horrible lol.

We always insert after the spinal. I'm sorry this happened mama! I would definitely insist ths time they wait until you are frozen!
Ladywithtwo
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I start my L&D preceptorship in April!!! I'm so excited! I think I want to be a CNM but I'm discouraged bc my state will be requiring a doctorate soon for all nurse prac's :( more school.... Whaaaahhhh ! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RNMel
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Quoting Ladywithtwo:

I start my L&D preceptorship in April!!! I'm so excited! I think I want to be a CNM but I'm discouraged bc my state will be requiring a doctorate soon for all nurse prac's :( more school.... Whaaaahhhh ! ;)

A doctorate?! Wow! Crazy :( good luck in your preceptorship! You'll learn so much! I loved my preceptorship!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)