Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you carry your son's child?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you had a son that he and his wife needed a surrogate, would you be willing to carry a child for him if you were physically capable of doing so?

Would it feel differently carrying a child for a son than a daughter?

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quoting annas_momma:

If I could I would.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aphrodisiac
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Absolutely, I have already dealt with the feelings of giving away a child to a family member.

angelbaby1977
Yes I would! I don't see how it makes a difference if it's for a son or a daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameliacaldeira

i'm with you. by the time such a situation comes around i think i would be at an age that carrying a child probably wouldnt be the best idea. but i think id do it for my sister if she couldnt.

Quoting mrsbrimer:

yes!! i would probably be able to .. im having kids young, so when my kids are having kids I will be in my early 40s. i dont have a son yet though, but if my daughters need me to, I will!!

surromama
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM
In a heartbeat. I've been a surrogate twice for friends, I wouldn't even have to think about it if it was my own child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM

absolutely. this is actually the only reason i still have my uterus. just in that million to one chance that one of my kids may not be able to carry a child of their own and needed a surrogate to do it. i would definitely do it. without a single thought. 

mitchiesgirl
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I would if I was physically healthy and able... Although I would discuss with them adoption and all the children that already need homes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki0522
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM

No. I have very high risk pregnancies and I am unable to carry to term. 

cemcnair
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Yes, for any family member. I have already offered for my brother and his partner if they want a child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Yup! Even if my son was gay and his partner and him wanted a baby I would. I would do it for my DD also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN