Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shouldn't be a SAHM unless you have more then one child.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

If you ask my Mother-in-law, Don't get me wrong I was talking to her about becomming a SAHM and I was informed SAHM's should have more then one child under the age of 5 or else I was just being selfish and lazy because finalcaly day care was less and I could bring in more (my income is not the main support in the house my husbands is and has been) and the baby needs more socialy then I can give him. This is not the resopone I thought I'd get from her and I didn't know is this was a common thought?

Is it lazy to want to be a stay at home mother with only one child and therefore less work?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batsbelfry
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM
12 moms liked this

There isn't anything lazy about being a SAHM. 

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this
2 things, one ask her if she is paying your bills (if yes then she gets a say, if no then she should be happy you child is loved). Two ask her why people are housewives. (Sorry couldn't help it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Your mil sounds like a idiot. do what you feel is right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM
3 moms liked this

That is crazy, nonsense.

Staying at home is the best you can do for your children, no matter how many you have.

L1558
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I think your MIL needs to shut her trap; it's YOUR kid and your family. You and your SO should decide what works for you or what you all want, and do it. 

It's not selfish to want to work to provide for your family, and it's not selfish to want to stay home and raise your own kid(s). Be it 1 or 18.

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting batsbelfry:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelee89
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I only have one and today I went and looked at daycares just for the hell of it and I left feeling better then ever about being a stay at home mom. The babies did not get the one on one attention like a parent gives and worse of all you are spending $1,200 a month. I would be busting my ass just for daycre. This was the most reconized daycare in my area that I looked at. No thank you! 

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I agree. Kids are a lot of work. Even just one. (or especially since just one needs more personal attention than 2 as when you have 2 they play together).

Quoting batsbelfry:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jayme1978
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Wow your mil sounds like a real winner.
misslady80013
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I agree with you!

OP, if she isn't paying your bills, she needs to mind her own business! You do what you and your dh feel is best for your family. That kinda pissed me off.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

That is crazy, nonsense.

Staying at home is the best you can do for your children, no matter how many you have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)