Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Do You Get So Offended?

Posted by   + Show Post
So.....why do you get so offended when someone posts something that doesn't apply to you? I don't get it.... If someone says, "I hate baby killers!" and they're talking about women that have abortions, I don't get offended- I'm NOT a baby killer. If someone says "Cheaters are gross", and you've never cheated, why are you SO BENT OUT OF SHAPE about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
GwenGray
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:19 AM

The only time I ever did genuinely get up set was the post about military wives. Me being now an ex military wife. I found it to be very offencive because I still get support from my stbe. Other than that... it's what ever. 

Mother to Alexander. Edwyn is due in March/April <3

rayroe2
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I hate that women/man think it is okay to cheat....it makes this flip switch in my head and I have to say something because if I don't I fell like I just didn't speak up when I had the chance

sugar_pie299
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I don't get it eather some people are just that way. they can't seem to let anything go even if it has nothing to do with them.  man most of those comments where crazy i thought about jumpin in on that whole thing but then decided it wouldn't be a good idea. I do agree with you. I just didn't wanna be in the middle of all that maddness.

Quoting neverbeamom:

My phone automatically keeps anonymous checked if I checked it before. I don't care if anyone knows my name but that chick is a wench. I don't get why she's so up everyone's ass about their own opinions. She doesn't even manage to piss me off- I read her replies with a raised eyebrow and wonder why she's so angry at everyone.

Quoting sugar_pie299:

Some people just like to fight and I read your anon post so i know what your talking about. Others like to see what they wanna see and others don't have anything better to do than to piss you off.

neverbeamom
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:26 AM
I read some replies to that post that was featured about holding women responsible for unwanted pregnancies or whatever. I was amazed how mean those women are. Obviously the chick was trying to say- protect yourself, don't depend on the man to, and when you don't get child support, don't get mad because you asked for it. I know the whole child support thing was contraversal- but people have opinions and you can't change them. So if it doesn't pertain to you ignore it. Why raise your blood pressure over it? Lol. Now- the dropping animals off on the side of the road thing- BENT ME OUT OF SHAPE. I foster pet rabbits. Most of them are found in backyards, sides of roads, abandoned by people that didn't want them. They are such good pets and it makes me sick. :( If I could afford to I'd open my own rescue and take in small animals. That's something I don't understand- inhumanity.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know that is a good question....lol....

My dh asks me that same question.

It just bothers me even more that it doesnt bother him...lol...

The best way I can answer this question is that I am a passionate person.

I just want the world to be a better place and for some not to make mistakes I have.

Yet lately I am getting tired....so I am calming down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Quoting neverbeamom:

I read some replies to that post that was featured about holding women responsible for unwanted pregnancies or whatever. I was amazed how mean those women are. Obviously the chick was trying to say- protect yourself, don't depend on the man to, and when you don't get child support, don't get mad because you asked for it. I know the whole child support thing was contraversal- but people have opinions and you can't change them. So if it doesn't pertain to you ignore it. Why raise your blood pressure over it? Lol. Now- the dropping animals off on the side of the road thing- BENT ME OUT OF SHAPE. I foster pet rabbits. Most of them are found in backyards, sides of roads, abandoned by people that didn't want them. They are such good pets and it makes me sick. :( If I could afford to I'd open my own rescue and take in small animals. That's something I don't understand- inhumanity.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know that is a good question....lol....

My dh asks me that same question.

It just bothers me even more that it doesnt bother him...lol...

The best way I can answer this question is that I am a passionate person.

I just want the world to be a better place and for some not to make mistakes I have.

Yet lately I am getting tired....so I am calming down.

I hear ya....no sense in raising my blood pressure over posts I cant control...lol..

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

because this is CM and that's how you're supposed to act! :D

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I don't get it either. I have had many women become very catty with me for conversations and posts and I am like WTF! If the shoe fits, then wear it. but if it doesn't, then chill out! It's not that serious.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM

YES!

I think it's because everyone takes the internet entirely too serious.  They think everything said is a personal attack.  AND, if you don't agree with them than you must be wrong, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Why ask why? Who cares.
singlemom1208
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I guess some people are ├╝ber sensitive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured